We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz Rental Car

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz Rental Car

So I am finally coming back to the Island that I love!!!

Quick question... Does anyone know what the deposit amount for the Hertz at OGG for a full size vehicle? Thank you for your assistance!

Also... Please tell me of the least expensive luau that is kid-friendly and AFFORDABLE?!

Edited: 04 July 2014, 04:21
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz Rental Car

I have never put any kind of deposit on any rental car ... Hertz included.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz Rental Car

Agree with BLBL - you can book a rental without a deposit - that's what most people do. Once you book, you can keep checking to see if rates come down closer to your trip & if they do, rebook at the lower rate and then cancel your previous booking.

What area of the island are you staying on? That will help with recs on where to go for a luau. How old are your children? You might want to consider one of the free hula shows - e.g.in W. Maui, at the Cannery Mall http://www.lahainacannery.com/hula_show.html - or at Whaler's Village http://www.whalersvillage.com/events.htm

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz Rental Car

OK... No one at the location will answer --- I keep getting a voicemail option.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hertz Rental Car

Is it possible for you to book through their website, and does it have to be Hertz?

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hertz Rental Car

I booked via Priceline for five days at $170 ($20/day plus fees and taxes)... Great deal and hertz was the taker for my bid.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hertz Rental Car

I'm confused ... if you've booked, why do you need to ask them about a deposit, or did you just do the Priceline booking after you posted your first post above?

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hertz Rental Car

Some places place a hold on your credit card when you rent a vehicle. Hertz places no more than a $200 hold on your card. I want to know the exact amount.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 05:44
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,923 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hertz Rental Car

You could just budget for $200.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hertz Rental Car

We used Hertz on Maui last year and they didn't place a hold on our CC ... I don't think we've ever had a hold on a CC for a car rental in the U.S. or Canada, but agree with pzp - I would budget for the maximum just in case.

lake forest park
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hertz Rental Car

I hope you haven't already booked with Priceline. If you have they have already charged your credit card and no hold should be added. I hate to rain on your parade but Priceline is very expensive way to go. You'll end up paying about $40/day, without an extra driver when it should be $20/day or lower. Try Costco if you can, DHCR or directly with the car company. I've used Priceline until I figured out that when fees are added it in it's way too expensive. If this doesn't help now maybe next time.