We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran cruise

Ohio
Level Contributor
525 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran cruise

I was thinking of a sunset dinner cruise for our trip but in an earlier post someone mentioned a catamaran instead. I see there are all kinds of companies. Anyone have reviews of ones they have been on. I guess I do not know what to look for. thank you

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran cruise

Trilogy, Teralani, and Gemini are all good companies. There are others as well.

When you say that you do not know what to look for, are you talking about finding the review for the various companies, or what you want to experience during a sunset tour?

Also, are you sure you want a dinner cruise, or are you wanting a cruise with just drinks and pupus. Please let us know where you are staying as well. A few boats leave right from Ka'anapali Beach.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran cruise

Where are you staying? I'm not a fan of "dinner cruises", I prefer to eat my Caesar salad rather than wear it in the wind off a paper.

We use Teralani each year for our family Sunset Sail, drinks, pupus and great crew.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran cruise

Trilogy is our favorite ... and highly-recommended by many on these Forums. Paragon is another good company.

Ohio
Level Contributor
525 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran cruise

Others have also mentioned sunset sail instead of a dinner cruise and you are right if you are going to pay for a dinner it should be enjoyable. I just figured there should be food since it would be dinner time. I guess maybe eat somewhere before the cruise? How long do the sunset sails last? We are staying at The Whaler. I guess I am looking for reviews from the different companies because I assume all you do is sail and snack. lol Don't really want anything fancy. On vacation we prefer casual.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran cruise

You should pull up some of these companies on line and start reading. I know that Trilogy shoves off spitting distance from the Whaler. And you certainly don't need to eat before you go!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran cruise

The boats are usually returning just as the sun sets, so if the pupus don't fill you up, you could always go have something to eat when you return.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g60634-d112…

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g60634-d110…

Here are the reviews for three of the companies. But you have to week through them to find the ones pertaining to the sunset tours.

Arlington...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran cruise

If you're a Costco member check out the e-tickets for the Teralani dinner cruise. We were planning on the cocktail cruise but through Costco the dinner cruise is cheaper than the cocktail cruise on the Teralani website.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran cruise

The pupus offered always more than fill us up, if we have kids with us they may decide to hit Leilani's and have some Hula Pie after getting off the boat.

sandleigh72, the dinner cruise I refer to was Teralani, we enjoy the Sunset cruise FAR more.

Ohio
Level Contributor
525 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran cruise

I am a Costco member but where do you find that on their website?

Ohio
Level Contributor
525 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catamaran cruise

Thank you for the timing of the cruise. Makes sense that it would get back at sunset. a lot to think about. Thanks again.