We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing Maui Tripwow

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,683 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Missing Maui Tripwow

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0822-e17a-2c9d…

So, when you miss Maui, and you have listened to all the Hawaiian CDs for days on end, and you don't dare have another mai tai, you make a tripwow!

It started because of just looking through old pictures on the computer, and because I didn't even know about Trip Advisor in 2010, never mind tripwow, I decided to make one!

I didn't take ANY of these pictures. I used my film camera then, and I don't know where the discs are right now. These pictures are from the kids' cameras, as well as Dave's.

And while I still miss Maui, it was fun to relive the memories from that first trip to Maui with the kids.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Oh wow, I enjoyed that so much! I recognize those luau pictures. ;)

I might make one of our 2009 trip and surprise my husband with it. I wasn't on TA back then either. We discovered it actually when researching where to stay and my first review was the Ritz-Carlton in Maui.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Very nice!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Thanks for the cool tripwow Joan! It was fun seeing the kids four years ago and realizing how grown up they have become since that vacation. I am truly hoping Maui calls you and Dave back very soon because there are no more deserving folks than yourselves for a trip to that wonderful island. I especially loved the Haleakala photos and hope to get back up there soon. Deb

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Great tripwow Joan! I sure hope you get back to Maui soon too........I can't wait to get together with you at a TA get together, along with everyone else!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Thanks Joan...I really needed those bright shining faces, including yours, today. What a great day brightener!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Getting very excited about our trip to Maui now. Thank you.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Beautiful Joan! That sure did make me HAPPY!

I love seeing you all so happy on Maui. What a strong good looking active family - and tall! I know you and Dave will be back soon, because as Deb said, no one deserves it more than you two!

Haleakala is just gorgeous, and you know I will see it when we get up there together if not before! I have a question for you though,Joan. Where's the bathroom on the Sliding Sands Trail???

;-)

Texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Pictures help so much between trips to Maui--thanks for posting! I love all those smiling faces, too!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,683 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Very funny Teri! But because I had been up Haleakala the previous year, I was smart enough to give my blessings to Dave and the kids and send them on their way. I stayed "up top" and enjoyed the view from there.

And yes, we have a date up there for sure, with red mittens!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing Maui Tripwow

Teri, not even a rock big enough to hid behind on the part we walked.. about 20-25 minutes down..

Joan, great TripWow.. Fun getting to see the kids. Those are some awesome shots of down in the crater . I love the one that looks like a big swirl.