We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

tripadvisor.ca/…59876678

Dave, from Waikiki, just posted this amazing deal on the Lanai forum. I wanted to post the link here, because I know a lot of us don't look at other forums, and so I thought I would share the information with my fellow Maui addicts.

And do let us know if you go! Would love to hear about it after the fact.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

travelzoo.com/local-deals/hawaii/Getaway/128…

Here is the link from travelzoo. You can stay at either resort on Lanai. Of course, they are different prices!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

Doesn't really look that amazing to me. Manele Bay is $1079 for 3 nights. I have paid less in the past just booking directly. Plus there is no place to eat around the hotel and the food is very expensive

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

How many years ago John? Before or after the recent renovations? Rates seemed to go way up after the new ownership a couple of years ago.

Can you share a link to a current better deal?

I do think it looks AMAZING. Thanks Joan!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

That is exactly why it is not amazing. They double the rate then offer you an "amazing deal" back to the old rates. We stayed 2 years ago at $339 per night, now it is almost up to $700 and they are offering this type of offer plus 3rd night free etc. in my opinion not even close to a $700 night resort. You can do much better on Maui and not have to deal the ferry and sparse eating choices. I think they overshot the mark.

The 4S in Wailea is offering rates at $469 per night now that is a great rate. We have stayed there as well one terrific resort best on Maui

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

No link to a better deal, John?

I would love to experience 3 nights at the 4 Seasons on Lana'i some time. It would be amazing to explore that rugged secluded little island each day, snorkel in the clear blue waters, and then return to the pampering of FS.

This seems like a good deal to me. If we weren't already spending an arm and a leg to travel during the holiday season on our next Maui vacation, I'd try to figure out a way to do this side trip.

Again, thanks for posting Joan. Most folks out here really appreciate your aloha, enthusiasm and willingness to share, helping everyone have the best Hawai'i trips. And a deal on Lana'i can be hard to come by. This is cool!

Aloha

Teri

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

Didn't say there was a better deal right now just don't think it is an "amazing deal" it is called an opinion. If other people think it is grab it and get your ferry tickets right now. That's what a forum is about somebody thinks one way somebody else thinks another and wow you get a diverse amount of information to make your own decision. Has absolutely nothing to do either who posted what...it's not personal it's just my opinion.

You can make a nice day trip to Lanai without spending an arm and a leg for a hotel. We have stayed there and it is a nice place to stay but in my opinion you can do a lot better on Maui. It has a small pool, not easy to walk around the grounds and the food was expensive and mediocre..again my opinion. We always look behind the $$$$ to see what you get for it

"

Edited: 20 July 2014, 17:01
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

John, of course you can not compare this deal to Maui. You will ALWAYS find a better deal on Maui. But this isn't about Maui! It's about Lana'i where you are extremely limited for places to stay, and eat. It offers an opportunity for those that want to get away from it all, or to experience another island. Complimentary Breakfast is included as well. Not sure what that would involve, but if it is buffet, that would be a great way to start the day.... after a snorkel!

And while you can indeed do a day trip to Lana'i, sometimes it is nicer to linger a little longer. Rent a Hummer and get off the beaten track. Or do that hike, the name escapes me right now. Shipwreck Beach, all to yourselves, and enjoying the Garden of the Gods.

It's a deal I would be very tempted to take, as a splurge, but it isn't in the books right now. I hope someone is able to take advantage of it. Otherwise, I'll just send a PM to David and see how he enjoyed his time there.

Thanks Teri! It will be my treat if I win REALLY big with the lottery. Maui first though! ;o)))

Edited: 20 July 2014, 17:21
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

I wonder why it is so hard for some people to just see that this is an opinion. If you have a different opinion great have at it. There is a group of people here who seem to take everything personal.

we did not think it was worth the time and the money it is called a review from actual experience. We maybe 1 our of 1000 who feel that way as it is a 4.5 star resort but that is they way we feel.

If the rest of the gang is going to jump in I'll check back later have to take a swim

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

Hope you enjoy your swim today John! Are you having the grandkids over? Nothing better than being a grandparent, is there?

I do enjoy a variety of opinions. That's one of the things that makes the forum fun.

Perhaps you would try a friendly tone next time and see how the differing opinions go down.

Imagine if a post is started with a friendly greeting, then the reasoning is explained, instead of jumping in and simply negating the OP. It just seems unfriendly when there is a group that someone seems to track and feels the need to disagree with anything they post. Though I'm sure it isn't meant that way. After all, there's no need to take it personally.

Aloha

Teri

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great deal for Lanai, 3 night stay

Hey Joan- maybe when you win big, we can book the whole resort like Mr. Gates does! That would be some TA get together!