We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Maui and I have a question...

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
On Maui and I have a question...

Hello,

I'm at Honua Kai. I really need a memory card reader so I can get my pics from my camera to my laptop. I have a large memory card. I can not seem to find a "electronics" store. I have tried Radio Shack in Lanaina with no luck. They were sold out. Can anyone help me out? I have asked around here and really no one seems to know where to send me. Best Buy would work but as far as I can tell there is not one. Thanks in advance.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

You might try this camera store: lighthauscamera.com/pages/lahaina-location. You could also try the OfficeMax, which is in the same shopping center as Barnes and Noble in Lahaina.

In Kahului you should be able to get a memory card reader at Walmart. Costco might have one as well. There are also Radio Shacks in both Kihei and Kahului.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

Do you have a cable? Usually you can plug the camera directly into a usb port. With my camera, it's the same cable I plug into the charger.

Dave

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,008 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

Another vote for Office Max. I had to go there to buy a computer mouse for my laptop. Large, well-stocked store.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

Yep, Office Max will have plenty. It's in the Lahaina Gateway Center.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

lighthauscamera.com/collections/memory-cards…

here are the readers at lighthaus

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

Thank you so much everyone! My 2 small cameras can use the USB port but I have a larger memory card in my Rebel so I need a particular card reader and I forgot mine at home! I will try Office Max later today! Off to snorkel with Trilogy!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

great the best memories come from the mind's eye have fun!!

8. Re: On Maui and I have a question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17