We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

antioch
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

like going down flights of stairs and lugging around extra heavy stuff, subconsciously thinking "I dont wanna take any extra chances now"

I know a couple of our regulars here have suffered a broken ankle or leg a few weeks before their Maui trip, now that would be pretty rough!

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

well, I book 6 months in advance, but yes. I work in construction and I am extremely careful in the last couple weeks - like right now :)

Dave

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

Having Maui booked inspires me to work out, be active and eat healthy so I will be in great shape for my trip. When I'm exercising and riding bike I often imagine I am on Maui or envision my upcoming trip, it really helps to keep me focused!

Last year when I went I had just recovered from a surgery and worked hard to be ready for that trip, I plan to be way more physically fit by this December when we head back. This helps alleviate concerns of getting injured.

~ littlered

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

I just go about my daily life. I do make sure I get trip insurance even with only going to Maui from Oahu. You never know!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

I do find myself taking it a little easier with my workouts the closer we get to a vacation. I also worry about getting sick--I plan to get my flu shot within the next few weeks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

I used to worry about catching a cold as you can't dive if you are congested. Realized it was more stressful then just accepting it might just happen and so be it . Happened once in 25 years so I guess it worked. I do wash my hands a lot at the airport and on the plane

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

Donboy, I was so excited to read this subject line, and thought you were going to say that you booked a trip to Maui! When ARE you going back? Soon?

Oregon
Level Contributor
347 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

I'm extra careful not to crash and burn while driving. Corpses don't go to Hawaii.

Jim

Fairfax Station...
Level Contributor
147 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

It's funny, we took our pups for a nice long hike yesterday to give them a treat before we leave for Maui tomorrow (:)), and I just kept thinking - don't slip on a rock and break your ankle, don't fall and break your leg, etc. etc!

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

We are set to arrive in Maui on September 5th. Right now I'm volunteering in a summer program for kids. And kids being kids, at least one of them has a cold at any one time--even in summer. I'm washing my hands about twenty times a day and thinking about getting one of those surgical masks!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: you notice your more careful once you've booked a Maui trip?

mikec... are you coming to the TA get together on the 6th? Kahekili Beach!