We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Luau

work
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Luau

Which Luau is better: Lele or Old Lahaina for 3 women in their 60's?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,639 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Luau

I'd go for the Feast at Lele with just three of you. But check out their menu first. It is eclectic for some. You will get your own table, and your own server. But be aware that it is not a luau, not really. More of a Polynesian Revue. That doesn't make it bad to experience though! The sooner you book it, the better your table. Although, there really are not any bad tables there.

The Old Lahaina Luau is the most authentic luau on Maui. It is buffet style, and you will be at a big table of 8 people. Wonderful setting, and lots of great food. No fire dancer, as that is not Hawaiian.

And again, reserved seating at this one, so book asap. They sell out months in advance.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Luau

I would pick OLL. To me the FLL is a bit more geared towards couples or intimate family setting . The OLL is laid back, great food, and wonderful entertainment. You will be seated at a table of 8 or on the ground for traditional seating but part of the fun for me is chatting and visiting with the other tourists.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Luau

To be honest, they are both great and you will have a great time at either one. The food is much more unique at the FLL, but it is very good too. The OLL is a great experience as well and the food is more traditional luau food (i.e. more of what you would expect). When are you going? It's not too early to book if it's within a year and for the best seats, pick a day during your trip and make reservations now to secure the best seating.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Luau

Neither one is better, just different. If you've never experienced a luau before go to the Old Lahaina Luau. If you have and want something a bit different go to the Feast at LeLe. Just make sure you check out the menu at the feast it is rather eclectic!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,643 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Luau

I agree that both our great. If I was going back to one, I would pick the Feast at Lele. I like that the table is just my group. However if you want to be social. OLL is great too. You really can't go wrong.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Luau

3 words. Feast at lele

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,483 posts
950 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Luau

That is a tough call. Both are great, but they ARE different. I would look closely at the Web sites for each, and let the details help in the decision. Both great, but with differences.

Good luck,

Hunt

8. Re: Maui Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17