We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf info on Plantation course replay

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Golf info on Plantation course replay

I have been feeling guilty about sending hubby out in the rain to golf for his most anticipated round of golf only to be wrong in telling him it likely would dissipate in a short time- It didn't for what I am guessing is for most of his round. I just called Plantation course and they offer a replay option for only $83. They are going to track down his cart and the marshall will be riding out to meet him to inform him of this and tell him it is on me. I don't know whether he'll do it or not yet, but I thought that was really a reasonable rate for a do over on this course and thought I'd pass it along.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

That will be a great surprise for your hubby and you are such a thoughtful wife! Thanks for posting for all the golfers on Maui trips now and in the future!

Aloha!

Cindy

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

What a nice thing to do! DH has been a real trooper going along with all your plans and TA recommendations. He deserves a second chance at making his dream come true.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,240 posts
1,217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

I agree that it's a good "replay" price.

Fortunately, over the years, we have never had to do a replay, though there have been a few rounds, where we considered it.

Mahalo for that info - though I hope to never have to rely on it.

Hunt

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

What a nice surprise for your husband ... hopefully the next few hours will be ideal weather if he chooses to do another round !

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

He's currently playing another 18 at their sister course The Bay Course for an even better deal- $67. He hasn't played 36 holes since he was a young teenager so I hope he continues to enjoy! They started him out on the 10th hole for faster play at about 1:15. The trades have picked up in the past hour or so but he worked on his "wind game" earlier this week at Elleair in Kihei so NO EXCUSES! :)

Barbara- he is really involved in all of our final decisions with travel- very symbiotic with me putting together the "idea" list and us both narrowing it down to the smaller list of thoughts and then if it doesn't sound good in the end and either one of gives the thumbs down, we nix with it without a grudge. He's a trooper though in that he puts up with my impulses for stopping on a dime for a photo op, or leaping into a pool of water with clothes and not a suit, or eating a meal that is not all that tasty that I have cooked. I want this to be a day he looks back at with a smile- and I guess I overshot it a bit because when I picked him up to take him to the next course he was already grinning from the way he played in the rain and said the second half was more picturesque and closer to the water anyway when the clouds moved off a bit.

He reminded me when I dropped him off that I had to go in to pay for the round in the pro shop....

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

Sounds like a fantastic day ... both courses! But that extra round might cost more than you think ... like the added cost of a massage for him tomorrow, LOL.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

Actually, no cost really required for that idea Susan ;)

Dave

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,219 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

Yeah! So glad it cleared a bit at the Plantation and now he's enjoying the Bay! Awesome wife you are!!! :)

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

I have no doubt that he'll be talking about these two rounds for a long time to come. Rain or shine, the Kapalua courses have that effect on you. I have the scorecard from my first round there many years ago framed and hanging in my office :-) How awesome that you arranged that replay for him and that he got to play it on the Bay Course as a bonus.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 07:27
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf info on Plantation course replay

So excited for your hubby and so envious too! The views at The Plantation Course are so amazing! I don't golf but rode along with my hubby when he did, it was one of the best days we had on Maui! ...Well they are are one of the best!

You were so sweet to pay for another round, I hope he held up okay and if you have a chance to go along next time you won't regret it!

~ littlered