We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

3 posts
Save Topic
Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

Hi everyone.

We are a family visiting Maui in august next summer. We are two adults and two children on 5 and 7.

We are looking for the perfect place to stay on the island. Budget condo, mayby 100-120$ a day. We hope to find a place very close to the beach (with great kid friendly snorkeling) and where we can walk to a nice small town close by.

Can anyone help us?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Camarillo...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

Aneesk....here's my reply to a similar question from yesterday:

I'm here on Maui on vacation right now (4 little kids, 2 adults). I'm not sure how you vacation, but since we have a big party, I need room for us (instead of getting a suite or hotel room). I want to have the option to cook (access to a kitchen), instead of just having a microwave. I like to cook, and we tend to do laundry too since we go through a lot of dirty clothes during the week. Condo's in Kihei offer great value. I'm currently staying at a condo in facing the Kamaole Beach Park III, and it's a perfect family friendly location, directly across the street from the beach.

I suggest using VRBO, read the reviews. You can find a condo within your budget. Call the owner directly if that will make you feel comfortable (that's what I did). I've also been writing a day to day blog, and sometime tonight or tomorrow, I plan on writing about this condo :-)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Kamaole Beach Park I
Kamaole Beach Park I
252 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,723 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

That budget is a bit low for what you are looking for. Especially if you want to be right on a great beach for snorkeling. Maalaea and Kihei have the most budget friendly places in south Maui. Most of the Kihei condo's are across the street from the beach. Maalaea has a really nice beach but the snorkeling near the condo's isn't so hot. You may also want to look at places in Honokowai, Kahana or Napili in west Maui. All close to good snorkeling.

Mentioned in this post
Maalaea
Maalaea
55 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Napili Beach
Napili Beach
2,369 Reviews
Maui, HI
Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

We stayed at Maui Vista in January. 5 min walk to kid friendly Kamaole I. Our 1 bdrm was $115/night. Great value and location.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

Don't forget to budget for 13.42% accomodations tax and cleaning fees, when estimating cost.

5. Re: Maui - kid friendly snorkeling and town close by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:16