We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

I seems like you can have ocean front but not a nice beach, nice beach but not really ocean front, or ocean front, nice beach and not an expensive price.

Is there any of the hotels and/or condos that you can actually have it all, nice beach, ocean front room or condo, and not an extremely expensive price tag included?

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

What time of year and what is "extremely expensive" to you?

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,110 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

What is the nightly budget that you think is not extremely expensive? That will play a big part in the suggestions we can give. Also, what are your travel dates? That too can affect the rates.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

<<Is there any of the hotels and/or condos that you can actually have it all, nice beach, ocean front room or condo, and not an extremely expensive price tag included?>>

Now would you buy stock in a company that offered something akin to what you describe?

Price always comes with respective premium amenity(s) justification, as do the majority of "deals". If you want a deal without the price, you'll simply have to roll the dice & wait 'til the last minute & see if any deals surface, or if any individuals holding a high $$$ vacant unit will "bite". :) Good luck.

Alo)(a, NKO

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,240 posts
1,217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

The answer is yes, but with a caveat - as others have asked, what is "extremely expensive" to you? Depending on the answer to that question, the answer might be "no," or "maybe."

Good luck,

Hunt

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

Makena Beach and Golf Resort. 199.00 a night on a gorgeous beach, but you have to go the first two weeks of December. Great beach, good for snorkeling. And no resort fees, no parking fees.

Ooops, you may or may not get the great view. But you could always ask about an upgrade, given that it is the slowest time of the year!

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

Did a quick look at your posting history... So you did Maui this last May and now want to come back during whale season? You stayed here, yes?

www.westmauicondos.com/property/papakea-l407

Two people or four people this time around?

This is the difference between high season (winter) and low season (May). Only $225 a night for in unit washer dryer, ocean front, A/C unit in May, but the same Papakea unit is $325/night in February!

I'd expect to pay $$$ for an ocean view, beachfront unit, during the height of high season on Maui. We've done it before. It's not cheap, that's for sure. Around $300 a night for a ground floor one bedroom, one bathroom unit at Hale Pau Hana in Kihei, their quiet low rise building.

When someone says "expensive" in Maui, I think more like $400-600 a night for two, like, in a Wailea resort.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 03:43
Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

Kathryn, you've done your research LOL.

Yes to your first paragraph, would be my husband and I, and maybe his cousin and his wife, so either 1 studio or bedroom, or if they go, 2 bedroom.

I am like you said, I figure $400/night + is getting expensive. I realize that "prime" season will be more, so figuring even if I had to pay about $300-$350, if it was "the perfect place" would be great.

I'm spoiled Papakea room 407 was an amazing room. I just wish it had a sand beach. I'm not one to swim, but do like to wade out a little in the water, love to sit in my chair with the waves slapping my feet. I realize I can drive anywhere and find a beach, but would just love to get up in the morning and walk down.

And after the beautiful view from Papakea lani, palm trees in our sunset pictures, no other obstructions, I feel I must have that. I am one who just loves to sit in the morning and evening on the lani, so it is worth the price for me.

I'm looking for 2016 whale season so figure I have lots of time to figure which resort/hotel I like better. then can book what I want in plenty of time.

If only me and my husband go, I don't necessarily need a condo. As long as we have a refrigerator and microwave. We'll eat breakfast in the condo, keep lunchmeat or something for lunches to take, but I like to eat dinner out.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

If you liked your stay in Honokawai then I would suggest trying Lokelani Condos. It is directly oceanfront like 20 feet to the ocean. At the corner of the complex is a set of stairs down to a great beach that is shared by three condos. Depending on what you want to spend there are a variety of units. We have stayed in A104 a few times and this winter we have C106 booked.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

Yes I have met a ton of people that found their perfect accommodation on Maui. They insist that there is no other property on Maui that is as good as where they are staying. And they are all staying at different properties, .

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it possible to stay somewhere and have it all??

I love that post Jimgloria ... we found our perfect spot on our first trip but I know it's not everyone's perfect spot :)