We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happiness is....

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Happiness is....

still recovering from the return to reality at work, and coming home for lunch to get in a short play with the pups only to find the box of shipped goodies sitting at my door. It felt like Christmas because I packed it over a week ago and shipped it last Sat. Think I will use the lavender seasoning (it has salt and mac nuts in the blend as well and smells really yummy!) on some chicken over rice tonight, have a bit of coconut candy for desert, shower with the lavender soap and organize, then hang my Maui art this weekend next to the Kauai art....I'm saving all the Kona coffee for hubby for an actual Christmas gift. And I don't care if it is not a real purse or made in China- I am using my red ABC hybiscus bag as a purse for as long as the zipper lasts as it always makes me think of Hawaii... my rough day made much better with this box. I think I may just ship out a box of goodies just for the pick-me-up following a trip moving forward. Cheaper than a good bottle of wine and Darn satisfying!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happiness is....

Love it retriever!

Enjoy all your goodies. I have some amazing sistahs that mailed my husband and I a huge assortment of goodies while they were on Maui last year. It was indeed like Christmas when the boxes arrived! And so full of ALOHA! And I am not talking about the goodies!

Sure hope you have the next trip in the planning stages already.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
470 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happiness is....

We do that each time too so we don't overload the suitcase.

It's so much fun to open the box go through all the goodies.

So you are going back when???

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happiness is....

We are going to do this with the souvenirs this time...at least some of them...how fun...it is like Christmas! Glad the thread reopened!

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happiness is....

yes, glad the thread was reopened... that was stupid they shut it down. All part of the vacation experience!

Great idea!!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,475 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happiness is....

I have found that most vendors are fully prepared and happy to wrap your purchase for mailing home and that is so appreciated. I have used the flat rate boxes many times to send home those coveted Hawaii treasures and often those boxes beat us home. I love arriving home to Hawaii in my living room waiting for me! Deb

Level Contributor
34,455 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happiness is....

Fun! I take my little gold pineapple (jewelry box) with me everywhere I travel. Love Maui souvenirs! :).

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,551 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happiness is....

Didn't see this yesterday..but glad you got it back! How fun to get the added treats once home! We typically don't buy anything to bring home anymore..but this makes it sound like it would be fun!

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happiness is....

Thanks for the support everyone! I absolutely LOVED getting and opening that box of goodies- I have made a mental note to do this just to extend the vacations moving forward.... also I hate to admit it, but I have purchased a travel scale which as been invaluable, and not because I am just "checking" the luggage weight. I am quite proud of 49.5lbs! :) So this gives me a way to get those things I don't have room or weight for. "Is that a good thing?" asks my checking account..... BTW- have already gotten a reservation in Princeville for March and will be looking for an add on for Maui- I want to see some whales!!!!!!!!

Edited: 29 August 2014, 20:21
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happiness is....

Glad to see you got your thread back!! Have nothing to add due to not shipping goods home to the mainland but I will add that those flat rate boxes are the way to go!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happiness is....

I sure wish they had one for Canada!

Great news to hear you have another trip in the works! And yes, getting to Maui for the whales would be awesome! You will still see some when you are on Kaua'i, but not like on Maui!