We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

Looks like I have found some pretty good deals at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei. anyone ever stay there? Opinions?

colorado
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

We have twice. in October and February. Great units and management. Very central location for access to activities. Nice long beach for evening walks. Reserved through expedia. My brother reserved direct with owner. Be sure there is an after hours on island contact. Door code had not been updated and didn't work.

Tucson
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

Yes, we stayed there in July and LOVED it. Our unit was fantastic, had just about every single thing you could need on vacation and was very well apportioned. For us, check in was a breeze (and that was the one thing I was slightly concerned about). The view was phenomenal - oceanfront view and it was so relaxing sitting on the lanai every morning and evening. The pool and hot tub were lovely, never too crowded and not noisy. Nice mix of people, too. The beach is very long and the sand really is like soft brown sugar. We really liked the location of Sugar Beach Resort, too. It was, IMHO, one of the best on the island because of the proximity to everything. Highway nearby? Yep. Harbor close? Yep. Restaurants, shopping, sightseeing close? Yep, yep, yep. We would definitely stay there again, particularly loved our unit so it's highly recommended.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 08:37
Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

shevys, what unit were you in, do you remember. did you book through the hotel or through another website?

Tucson
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

I actually booked with the owner directly as I found it on Craig's List. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but the listing was legit looking, and the owner turned out to be a real sweetheart. We stayed at Sugar Beach unit 327 and I'd be happy to give you the owner's contact info if you are interested. She sent us a very nice welcome packet, complete with detailed instructions and suggestions for the apartment, things to do, directions, etc,, and she was very communicative during the booking process all the way through our departure. It was just a really, really pleasant experience. They take credit card payment, so that was a relief to me. The unit is managed locally, so if there are any issues (such as forgetting your unit key code - which we did) they can take care of it immediately. I did see that some units are managed by different companies but I think the level of service is probably pretty equal. Suffice it to say, my wife and I cannot wait to go back to SBR 327.

Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

I'd love to have the information, if you could message me it would be great

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

We stayed there three times, including vacationing with parents and family who also took units. The property was well kept and the beach BBQ's handy! Pool area was nice. Our two bedroom top floor condo was very large and comfortable.

Beach can be walked for a long distance however swimming there is not the best due to some rocks in the water. Afternoon winds in this area can be very strong, driving guests back to the pool area.

General location is great because it's easy to go in any direction on the island.

7. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:15