We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

Fanwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

My husband and I are staying at the resort from 9/27-12/7. We are both runners and would like to know if we could possibly get in a run of 5 or 6 miles in our area. It looks as though there are a few roads of the highway in our immediate area. Also the resort states there are half a dozen restaurants within walking distance. Has anyone been to any of these restaurants? What are your opininions?

Thanks for your input.

Susan

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

First off, Napili Bay isn't actually in Lahaina proper. It's about a fifteen minute drive north.

Yes, if you go up to the main highway (about five blocks or so) you should be able to run, south in particular unless you want to run the hills of Kapalua.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance. The one I know for sure is The Gazebo at a neighboring resort on Napili Bay (Napili Shores or Napili Point, can't remember which one). I haven't been there, but it's very popular for breakfast. You could also walk to the Sea House at the Napili Kai resort, which is also on Napili Bay. It's very nice, but a little spendy to eat at every night IMO. Those are the only two I know of that are for sure within walking distance. Maybe someone else knows others.

Also, just to mention it because the Napili Bay doesn't mention this in their advertising material, that particular facility doesn't have a pool, if that matters to you.

Are you really staying 2 1/2 months? Wow. That sounds great.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

Just saw your correction on the dates. 2 months does sound great , doesn't it?

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

There is another restaurant ionthe Napili Shores property (same property The Gazebo) called Fish and Poi. I haven't been there myself, but here's some info on it. Might be worth checking out if the prices really are 30-50% cheaper than other restaurants.

Don't worry, they don't really serve poi, and there are plenty of great choices on the menu in addition to fish. Fish & Poi Restaurant is one of the best places to eat delicious food at prices much lower than in Maui's other top restaurants. It's on the Lower Honoapiilani Road in Napili, in the Napili Shores Condo, less than 15 minutes north of Kaanapali. Phone 808-442-3700.

Fish and Poi has the same menu at lunch and dinner. The chef-owners are the same as Cafe O'Lei in Kihei. See below for some specific Fish & Poi menu items as well as photos.

Dinner at Fish and Poi costs 30% to 50% less than you'd pay at other Maui restaurants with food this good.

4. Re: Napili Bay Resort in Lahaina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 21:18