We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RAIN would be most welcome now!

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
RAIN would be most welcome now!

we went into town (kaunakakai) this morning. i was expecting charred lawns and bushes, blackened fences and house walls, but i was pleasantly surprised. everything looked normal, green and the people smiled as usual. unless you look at the hillside above. there are still little fires here and there (looks like volcanoes) and what is troubling is that up in the forest it's lovely big trees, in that area mostly pines, on fire.

but the danger to homes is over. thank God! and my hubby said that after a few days of rain, nature will green up in no time.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Thanks for the update. I love Molokai and will certainly do a rain dance and pray.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

A BIG Mahalo to Caddy; he did a Molokai Rain Dance and posted it on You Tube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzeFzyJ9mY

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

LOL! i guess those elders didn't approve.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Who can make the raindrops and sprinkle it with dew.

The Caddyman can! The Caddyman can! Blessed event for Moloka'i!

Thanks BeachesMountains. One person can only do so much.

I'd say it was probably Elerma instead of me. She's a saint but I can use her real name. LOL

Nature has a way of taking care of itself. :) Not always the way that we wish either.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Wow! BeachesMountains. I didn't know I was so impressive. I even humble myself sometimes.

BTW, the "tribe" is very confused. What do I tell the chief? He's a conservative you know! LOL

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

oh deer! many deer ran out of the fire area and they ended up around where we live. i hear them barking at night.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Thanks for the update Saint Elerma. I am so happy that the fire is almost out and that no one got hurt or lost their homes. Prayers do work, of course along with hard help by all those involved.

I thought a lot about the poor animals that live up in those hills, they are the poor little things that lost their homes. I used to hear the deer barking across the street at night when we were there last year. We will see you soon St. Elerma, arriving November first. Can't wait to plunk my butt on the lanai and watch those beautiful sunsets!

BTW Caddyshackman sure can boogie!

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Wow, Caddy sure has some slick moves! And I must add....he sure is lean and limber!

I am glad for evryone on Moloka'i that things are getting better.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

Had a nightmare last night; will someone please reassure me that Caddy is much too nice a guy to be plotting REVENGE.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RAIN would be most welcome now!

I will! :)

If your nightmare had me in it, I'd say you have problems too! LOL

"Sweetie"

Get answers to your questions about Molokai