We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishing I was there instead of here.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wishing I was there instead of here.

A rainy,cold, downright miserable day here in New England. I can feel fall settling in early and the feathers on my wings starting to ruffle for the flight back to beautiful Molokai.........ah, the warmth, sunshine, and glorious ocean views - kayaking, fishing, and just plain being blessed by the sunlight - swaying palms, birds singing, and yes I'd even take roosters crowing right now! I just wish I could fold my arms and bob my head like "I dream of Jeannie" and be back in the Magical Land of Molokai at this moment, but alas will have to wait a couple of more months, board an airplane, squirm around in my darned seat due to the fact that I'm bored stiff, because I'm a mere mortal and can't perform magic or grow wings....sigh :(.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Amen. It's the closing days of the California Legislature (we hope) ... and when they are gone ... so am I! Aloha!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Oh BLBL, good for you and have a truly wonderful trip! Aloooooha!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

There is a bit of fall in the air here, so I hope you get a bit of warm breeze under your feathers before winter sets in.

I tried twitching my nose and that didn't work either! Maybe if we all do it at the same time?

Livermore...
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

We finally have some summer weather in the SF Bay Area but I am anticipating leaving for our trip two weeks from Thursday more than ever!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Count your blessings!! I would pay good money for a hint of fall. Around 110 today.... again. Im melllttttiinnnggggg

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Ah beautiful Hawaii and of course Moloka'i.

I was going to complain about the 102 in Houston right now, but Cindy's 110 in Big D took my breath away. But we have more humidity here Cindy...nah! :)

Humidity...not humility. LOL

It won't be too long DD; please send the South a tad of that cool air!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

We wish you were there also, Dolphindoodle!!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

it's about the same here cindy....WITH high humidity (for phx metro). i will say tho that there have been times while in lahaina, it wasn't exactly 'pleasant', but as they say...a bad day in hawaii is better than a good day anywhere

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Hope some beautiful scenery & music from Molokai will help tide you over (with, perhaps, a Mai Tai booster?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG2QSKdSfyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuZy5yccZhI

www.youtube.com/watch…

www.youtube.com/watch…

Boston
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wishing I was there instead of here.

Mahalo TA friends. The kind words and wonderful music work wonders to get me through the New England Nor'easter we're having.......three days of rain, wind, and miserable temps. I will hum Lono's music all day BeachesMountains and keep an aloha smile on my face!

Get answers to your questions about Molokai