We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Molokai Shores #221

Williams Lake...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Molokai Shores #221

I noticed on a Google site there was a warning to avoid Unit 221 at the Molokai Shores. Does anyone know why?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Molokai Shores #221

Aloha,

I'm being promted to respond to this question. I am sorry to say that I don't know the answer to this. I do know that Molokai Shores is a lovely condo complex with privately owned units, so therefore some units may not be as well maintained as others.

Have a great trip to Molokai!

Edited: 25 September 2011, 14:29
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Molokai Shores #221

No specific knowledge of 221 either, but contributing factors might include: 1) It could have been in the Marc Resorts pool. Imo, that outfit is a joke & I seem to recall that they went out of business, 2) Unit 221 is in building B which is closest to the highway (many of the condos are not air conditioned & rely on open windows to be comfortable). In addition to road/parking lot noise, 221 is directly across from the laundry room), 3) Building B is, farther from the ocean than A or C and it's a three story wood framed building so you'll run the risk of ceiling thunder from the unit above (especially if above has tiled floors).

Here is the layout of Molokai Shores that may be helpful: http://www.molokairealty.com/map-ms.html

Our most recent stay was in a second floor building A unit and it was very nicely furnished, but noise from above was annoying on our last 2 days. Here is the rental listing (I think ownership may have changed): http://molokai207.com/photos.php

We previously rented 301 and it was extremely nice. However, it was not available for our recent dates. My bookmark comes back "invalid", but the owner was a very nice lady named Pam Cheny/phone 808-553-4403. If she no longer rents 301, I think there is a good chance she can come up with a worthwhile referral.

P.S. I also just found this listing of a top floor unit in my Molokai file that included a note saying a TA'er had made positive comments. It also appears to be quite reasonably priced: www.vrbo.com/global/siteFrame.aspx…

3. Re: Molokai Shores #221

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Molokai