We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun, glorious sun!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sun, glorious sun!

I am so happy that the sun is shining for our visitors! I was down at the market on Saturday and met two of our own! The first couple was from Texas and such nice people! They are staying on the West End and enjoying Molokai. They went to Molokai Burger and got a raimen burger after reading my posst about them being yummy. They knew from my post that they were very messy to eat, so ate them with a fork. Why didn't I think of that, duh? Five minutes after they left, along comes Shatawaka and her DH. I've met them before on prior trips they made and it was like old home week. They are so sweet. Big hugs and smiles had by all. She contributes a lot of knowledge here on the boards and just loves Molokai. They are staying on the East End and thankfully it's nice and clear for them today. The good weather came just in time for hem all to enjoy the beauty of the island!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

I love hearing from you dolphin, thanks for posting. Those raman burgers have made their appearance over here but at a restaurant that is just open for a day. They have done it twice and people line up for them.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Yes us people living (or used to live) in Texas are really full of aloha! (DD, is it possible to make some of them raman burgers in the crockpot?) ;)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Nah Caddy, No can do. I just use my crockpot for pulled pork and some other meals like beef stew. None of those ding donged roosters up here on the mountain, thank thed good Lord. I can hear them far off in the distance down on the road in the morning (where they belong), ha-ha. Very irritating buzzards. All we hear up here asre the morning birds singing for us to get up..........love it!

Hope you get to try one of those burgers soon MsFuzz, they are ono! :)

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Hi Dolphin!

It was great to meet you too! There were a lot more vendors than the previous Saturday...I'm sure due to the rain that day. We are sure taking advantage of the Sunshine! Got to make the most of our last few days! Mahalo to you and all the other posters for such great information!

Till we meet again.....

Boston
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Oh it was a real pleasure to meet you guys too! Yes, the previous Saturday was a washout. Drovew all the way downtown, saw the sprinkles and the clouds coming down the mountain straight for the market and never set up. But yes, the sun is shining and now it feels like the real Molokai out there!

Westfield, New York
Level Contributor
603 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Yes DD ... It was sooo awesome to see you once again

at the market. Loved reading your post about the great day u had at Halawa valley ...we just love it there too! Yesterday we spent snorkeling at Puko'o ... It was perfect weather as u know ...and such an idyllic spot! Love it.

We don't have internet where we are staying, so am catching up at Manae store today. Like you said yummy food! (& also the ONLY food here on east end, haha).

Hope the weather stays good for the market on Saturday ... Look forward to seeing you again there! :)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

Hey Denise!

See you Saturday. Barb is all better so she'll be there too. Glad you got some snorkeling in :) We were thinking of stopping at Murphy's Beach on our way back from the valley anfd probbly would have met up qith Love2travel but it was getting late. As it was, we didn't gete home until 3 PM and I still had that foolish cake to make. BTTW, it was good but certainly would never make the cover of mARTHA sTEWART lIVING, HA-HA

8. Re: Sun, glorious sun!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18