We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lei in remembrance in Kalaupapa

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
605 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lei in remembrance in Kalaupapa

This is a nice posting on the Molokai dispatch today re the 45th year anniversary of the lifting of the exile of people with Hansen's disease to Kalaupapa.

themolokaidispatch.com/lei-in-remembrance/

FWIW, for those thinking of visiting Molokai, I suggest subscribing to the Molokai Dispatch Facebook page. I have done so and am getting nice little tidbits of news from there seemingly on a daily basis. Eg the announcement re the closing of the general store in Kaunakakai yesterday, and on this Kalaupapa remembrance today.

Mentioned in this post
Molokai
Molokai
Hawaii
Kaunakakai
Kaunakakai
Molokai, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lei in remembrance in Kalaupapa

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing that, cdnhorse.

I will be anxiously awaiting your report of your visit to Molokai.

Mentioned in this post
Molokai
Molokai
Hawaii
Boston
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lei in remembrance in Kalaupapa

Too bad that another company closes. We used to go in there for supplies and my DH bought fishing stuff in there. I feel for the employees and do hope that they are absorbed into the other businesses.

3. Re: Lei in remembrance in Kalaupapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Molokai