We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with kitchen close to beach?

tucson, arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
hotel with kitchen close to beach?

We are going to HI in June and are travelling with two small children. We'd like to have a room with a refrigerator and a microwave (or even small kitchen would be great) that's really close to the beach. So far the best deal I can find is at the Castle Island Colony which says it's three blocks from the beach.

Has anyone ever stayed there and is it a close walk to the beach? Does anyone have any other ideas for hotels with mini kitchens?

I have spent HOURS and hours searching and am at a loss. The sad part is I lived in Aiea from 1984-1987, but I don't remember most of the hotels that I'm seeing on the internet now.

ANY suggestions would be so much appreciated.

thank you

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

Hi

I know the Ohana East has kitchenettes. They quoted us $129 a night. Its right beside IMP, so only a couple of blocks from beach. Book It .com seemed like they had competitive prices for this Hotel. You can look at pics on their website. Hope this helps.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

Have you looked at the Royal Grove, Queen Kapiolani or Ocean Resort hotels all are on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and are 2 blocks or less from the beach. I know you can get a four burner stove with oven plus fridge with a double and twin beds for $62 a night. I believe the Queen and Ocean you can at least get the m/w and fridge.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

check out ResortQuest Sunset or Banyan

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,625 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

I also recommend Resortquest Waikiki Sunset & Resortquest Waikiki Banyon. Both about a block from the beach on the Diamond Head end.

Here is a map that shows most of the Waikiki hotels & condos.

You can compare prices, amenities, locations, etc:

www.expedia.com

www.bookit.com

www.hawaii-hotels.com Scroll to the bottom & where it says VISIT, click on Oahu hotels or Oahu condos.

This link has a lot of budget info including some lodging in Waikiki:

budgettravelonline.com/bt-dyn/…index.html

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

Check out the Imperial Waikiki on Lewers Streets. I have never stayed there but I know where it's at and the location is outstanding. It's about 1/2 block from beach. However, it is located across from all the construction but everyone has said the construction is not that bad. The best part is that Lewers street is a side street that is not as busy as some of the main roads that the other hotels are on. Look up the Imperial on the internet and they have great pictures of the rooms as well as an update on the construction. The price on the rooms seems pretty good.

kamloops
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

we just returned from a week in waikiki with 2 small children- 4 & 2. it was awesome. decided to stay at the royal grove. we've travelled pretty extensively and decided to go with the super cheap place with character. the room was very dated but clean and the set up is great with kids. our room had a kitchenette that included a large and small fridge, stove top, oven, sink and microwave. the little living area has a table and 2 twin beds. perfect for the kids. first time they'd slept in the same room and it was excellent. the other room has a double bed and the bathroom is located next to it. i thought it was going to be a bit noisy when we first arrived, but found that we got used to the street noise easily. it is air conditioned and there is also a large fan...drowns out noise easily at night. it is literally a block and a half from waikiki beach- duke's statue. we would head to the beach early morning as my husband wanted to surf every day and we'd hang out til lunch. we'd head back for lunch and nap and then head back again mid afternoon. the hotel has a small pool and they lend out floatie toys and sand toys/mats. we saved a tonne of money staying here. was definitely the right choice for us, wouldn't be for anyone that wants luxury. their web page has pics of the rooms. pretty popular place so they may be full. anyways, have a great trip!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

The Hawaiiana Hotel on Beach Walk, 3 blocks from the beach, full kitchens, two pools, very kid friendly, BBQ grills available for a small fee, juice/coffee served every morning on the patio, welcome 1/2 fresh pineapple in your frig. I believe rooms are about $125 and a steal at that, imo. I've stayed there twice and would return in a heart-beat.

Royal Grove is an excellent suggestion too and where I plan to try next trip. It is more budget and further from the beach but gets glowing reviews.

tucson, arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

Thank you all so much for your recommendations! Because of the prices we're getting on the package deals, we've narrowed it down to the RQ Banyan and Ocean Resort Hotel. I've read ALL the reviews on both and they're very mixed....some great and some not so great.

Out of the two of these hotels, which do you think is better? It sounds like they're both about the same distance to the beach and both have kitchenettes. For some reason there's a smokin deal on ata.com for the Ocean Resort Hotel, so we're leaning that way (because of price) but......

It's so hard to decide!

Thank you all so much for your help with this!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

Sorry, no idea, I've never taken a packaged trip myself.

You might want to start another post with your specific questions?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel with kitchen close to beach?

It may come down to how much time do you think you'll actually be in the hotel. We did little more than sleep there, the one night we did listen to the guys playing guitars and ukuleles.