We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

My wife and I are heading to the Marriott Waikiki for 4 nights this month and we enjoy typical tourist type fun bars and dining spots. I have “Oahu Revealed” to guide me to attractions but need help finding fun watering holes. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k264633…

budgettravelonline.com/bt-dyn/content/articl…

Click on: Pub/Clubs

Tiki's is nice & is in Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel in same vicinity as Marriott.

Lots of other Oahu info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

We had heard a lot about a place called La Mariana Yacht Club. Outside of Waikiki in an industrial area. We loved it. It was old, no air conditioning and every tiki torch and Hawaiian style decor that wasn't already nailed down somewhere on Oaha, somehow appeared at this place. We never ate there, so I can't advise on the food, but there were a lot of local people drinking there, so we joined in. Had a hoot! Small bar, but very friendly and very different from anything you'll find in Waikiki. I think it was about a 15 minute drive from Waikiki.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

dukes at the outrigger is the most popular bar to hang out, always crowded, they have music at night and on saturday and sunday they have these 5 oclock parties on the patio that bring in many people. Our favorite place for late evening cocktails is the royal hawaiian mai tai bar- more of a couples romance type place- they have a guitar combo and it is a beautiful location. For more of a 5 star feel the halekulani has sunset coctails and traditional hawaiian music by the pool. For the younger crowd, there are clubs on kuhio such as the zanzibar and tsunami that seem to go late at night, also the W has a place and the hyatt has club dancing saturday nights. If you really want to have fun watering you need to go on the na hoku sunset sail, $30 for a 1 1/2 sail all u can drink. Stop by the boat in front of the moana surfrider during the day and sign up because they will be full by sailing time. There also a couple places in the internaitional market place for the party type, coconut whillys and another something like bobby gs or something that go late at night.

4. Re: Nightlife Recomendations-Bars-Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 22:16