We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu

Hi there. I've heard that Mac cosmetics are much cheaper in Hawaii than here in Australia. Can anyone tell me if there is a discount store for Mac cosmetics in Oahu or Maui? Or if not a discount store somewhere with a good range. Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu

Sorry I meant the topic to be "Mac Cosmetics"! Was having a menopause moment :)

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu

http://www.maccosmetics.com/

Click on: Find Stores

City: Honolulu

State: Hawaii

There are 10 stores that show up.

Duty Free Shop is one of them. That is in DFS Galleria (This may be the least expensive)

Macy's on Kalakaua Ave is close to International Market Place

Ala Moana Shopping Center has a Macy's & a Mac (Ala Moana Blvd)

A Macy's & a Mac in Aiea are in Pearlridge Shopping Center

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu

Thanks Dusty. My daughters love Mac.

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu

Jane if your daughters are teens, they all love "Mac" makeup, as mine do here....pricey pricey.....seems like everythig they like these days has to be a Big Brand name of someting, makeup clothes, shoes...geeze! Good luck!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu

Hi Kay

Yep they are all alike I think. My girls are a little older 20, 22 so I thought taking them home either perfume or makeup might be more appreciated than another sarong that they won't wear.

Your photos from Mexico you posted are vgood by the way.

Hawthorn, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oahu

Hi Jane56. How did you go with buying Mac cosmetics? I will be in Hawaii (from Australia) later this week and my 16 year old daughter has given me a shopping list for Mac cosmetics, perfume and Abercromby clothing. Last year we bought these at the Ala Moana centre. Did you find a cheaper option? I don't think I can face driving out to the premium outlets this time, the traffic is pretty horrendous, and it takes too long on public transport. Did you find anywhere else that was good for shopping for "fashion brands". Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oahu

Hi XT!

Had to think about that as was nearly a year ago! I remember now I ended up getting some MAC stuff at the Ala Moana Center. I also had a look at Waikiki in the outlet center on the main strip (sorry can't remember the name of this but it was near the Guess shop) but the range didn't seem to be as good.

Good luck with that. I am hoping to get back to Hawaii next year. Just loved it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oahu

P.S. I didn't get a chance to go to the outlet center near Pearl Harbor which is what I wanted to do. To be totally honest I'm really not into name brands as such so I wasn't trying too hard either but you know what its like - you try and keep the daughters' happy so I was glad to get the MAC cosmetics for my youngest and some duty free perfume for her big sister.

Hawthorn, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oahu

Thanks for your reply. We leave tomorrow. My daughter has kindly provided me with her shopping list, including lots of MAC stuff. I remember last time we got a special card in Macy's at Ala Moana that meant we didn't have to pay tax on our purchases. It all helps. Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oahu

Have a wonderful time. It's impossible not too! I would be very interested to find out if there are any restrictions with the Macys card.

If you haven't done Hanauma Bay before for snorkeling it was one of our most memorable places we went (except closed on Tuesdays).

Happy shopping!

Jane