We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Knightdale NC
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

we can't wait! we dont have NOTHING planned yet though! We are staying at the Waikiki Beach Marriot. My wife has a copy of Oahu Revealed and says she will do all of on the 11 hours we will be on the plane!! she has told me to check on getting a car for a day so we can go to the North Shore.. Any thoughts of where to get one? will any of them come to the hotel and pick you up?? anyone else be there at that time?

dekalb il
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

headed to hawaii,

you lucky stiff i have to wait till dec.

there are several rental companies that are set up in the waikiki hotels if you go into the websites you can track them down and get one close enough to just walk over when ready for one.

if you don't have anything scheduled yet you may want to try early when you arrive to get your activities setup some sell out early.

have fun and report back to everyone when you return

Level Contributor
505 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Can't help you out much with your questions...just wanted to wish you a safe, happy, enjoyable time!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
554 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend getting a car for at least a few days ... trust me, if you already have the Oahu Revealed book -- you know they recommend doing so :)

There are car rental agencies all over Waikiki of you don't get one from the airport -- ask your hotel's travel desk.

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Lucky you.........only 8 days until you go!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip, is this your first trip to Hawaii?

81 days until we go.............I can't wait to smell the tropical flowers again!!

janie

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Aloha Headedtohawaii!!!

Ditto with the car rental. There are many in Waikiki-no need to pick up one at the airport.(I had great luck with Alamo) The north shore is fantastic but I suggest you get a car for a couple days and hit the windward beaches. You will really be missing some beautiful scenery-Its what made me fall in love with Hawaii! I'll be there in 13 days and can't wait can almost feel the moana breeze and sand between my toes!!! Hope you have a great trip! Hawaii.com is a great site and has lots of info about the island and things to do. (if you haven't checked it out already) Aloha! J

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your trip. I shall be there in 3 days and cannot contain my excitement. But it will be worth it after a 23 hour journey.

Calgary Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

23 hours? where are you traveling from? Mars?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

He's traveling from Ireland!

Calgary Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

45 days until we go and we are both first timers

Calgary Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 more days til we get to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow, I guess its almost across the planet and probably a lot of connections. Good luck.