We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diamond head - jet lag

st pete, fla
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
diamond head - jet lag

Hey all~

We arrive on a Saturday morning and were thinking of doing Diamond Head on Sunday AM because our bodies will be ready to get up around 5AM b/c of eastern time zones....do you think we should fight the jet lag and sleep in as much as we can or take advantage of it and do Diamond head right away?

:o)

5 days!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diamond head - jet lag

IF I were you, I'd let the jet lag work to your advantage and get up and do those early morning things. If you're interested in Haunama Bay, then do that one early, too, since it's pretty well packed by 9 am.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diamond head - jet lag

You also may want to consider doing Pearl Harbor that first day you arrive. Being up early and at Pearl Harbor when the line starts will ensure you get an early ride to the Memorial and the rest of the day to do whatever you want.

st pete, fla
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diamond head - jet lag

thank you :)

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diamond head - jet lag

Don't worry. You'll be ready to rumble early. Pearl Harbor is a good early option.

Also, check out Hauauma Bay at 6 AM. Just walk in. No admission charge. See the fish before the bay fills with thrashing homo sapiens. It is worth it! P.S. Rentals won't be open that early, so bring your own stuff.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diamond head - jet lag

ROCKYTOP ENGINEER: Hello, I noticed your from Maryland! Im from So. MD (Calvert Cty) we are planning a trip to Oahu in July with family of 5. Still looking for a decent ($$) not too expensive but nice place to stay for five, DH, ME, DD20, DD23, DDboyfriend 23. Any suggestions. How was the flight from here, we go through DCA/ATL ATL/HNL on Delta? thanks

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: diamond head - jet lag

Lescas:

We've made the trip 3 times using Delta frequent flier miles. Lots of excellent 1-stop options from BWI to HNL through Atlanta or Cincinnati. Leave BWI in the morning and arrive late afternoon; red eye on the return. Price is about $670 round trip right now.

As a retired military family, we've booked through Hale Koa, so I'm not a lodging expert on Oahu. With 5, I'd being thinking about a condo versus a hotel.