We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling any "Lost " fans

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Calling any "Lost " fans

I've checked the past forums here for info about "Lost" tours and read the rave reviews on the bigkahunahawaii.com website from people who took their tour. Since that website might be a trifle biased in what they publish, I'm wondering if any TA member has taken the tour and would give a review. My husband is a huge fan, so we will probably take the tour regardless (and then we'll write a review for here), but any advance info and/or recommendations would be great. Can't wait until "Lost" comes back in February!

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Someone posted a review here a short while ago. Do a search on the these forums home page.....search for Lost tv Tour.

The person who posted it is from CT. (Connecticut).

Good review. I think we will do it in March.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

My husband says.."the heck with the reviews, we are going!" so..we will! I think it's a good way to see both scenic parts of the show and also interesing parts of Oahu that you might not discover on your own. Will post a review when we return, sadly not until May.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Sapphire, we are going in March, so if we do the tour, I will post about it when we get back.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Patti

That would be wonderful!! If you look at at the website, they offer two tours...one is a general one for anyone (about $100 per person) and one is a private tour. (about double the cost) The general one is only offered on Tues. and Sat., so that may affect your decision. We have a free Saturday, so I think that's what we will take...since it's only the 2 of us, I think it might be more fun to have other Lost nuts on the same trip!

Whatever you decide...have a great time and don't forget to write!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

I would call and ask them if the tour includes Kualoa Ranch. A LOT of filming takes place on the ranch, which is private and offers its onw tours. If it doesn't they'll probably just be taking you around to public places you could see on your own for a lot less than $99 per person. You can find filming locations here:

…about.com/od/…lost_locations.htm

Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Is there a website to book the Lost tour through? If so, what is it? Thanks in advance for any help you can give....

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

yes, it is bigkahunahawaii.com but you have to go to the third page to access the Lost tours.

Good idea on checking out the ranch..Thanks!

8. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2007, 01:43
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Wow...thanks so much for the info. I will check it out today. That's what is so terrific about this site...people really try to help each other. Mahalo!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Calling any "Lost " fans

Warning: Bucket of cold water here!

I don't understand this sort of tour. TV and movies are interesting because of what's happening in them. Seeing one swath of hillside or one section of beach that is virtually identical to the one next to it just doesn't interest me. A post in this string mentions seeing a log where actors once sat discussing something. A log?

If you've never been to Hawaii this "connection" with a film may seem a lot more special than actually seeing some location near where it was shot. Nothing distinguishes these locales. Heck even if you were there while the shoot was on...it's nothing like the end result that tells a story.

Hawaii has so much natural beauty. What does it matter if this actor or that one emoted on "this very log"? It might as well have been another log or another hillside or another tropical waterfall. If you hike around a bit, you can make your own "movie". That's special because YOU are in it.