We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vrbo

New Jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
vrbo

Going to Oahu in August. Looking for a nice place to stay. I have been looking into the condos on the vrbo website. Has anyone ever rented through this website? If so, any problems? Are the condos pretty close to their pictures? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vrbo

I used the site last year to rent condos in Kihei. Spoke with the owner by phone, was satisfied with his answers, information, his own web site, facilities and things included in the condo. One thing you might be sure you ask about is A/C in the condo, which room(s) is it in, etc. In August, A/C may well be something you want to have in the living area and bedroom. The nice part of vrbo is that you're dealing with the owner. Also, check out the favorite condos on hotels & accommodations here on TA and you'll get ideas of which buildings are the favorites; also ask re parking. I had good luck and was satisfied.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: vrbo

We have traveled to oahu twice and both times we stayed in condos. 1st time we went through VRBO. The owner was great. His associate who visited with us to collect the remaining money even gave as free passes to area attractions! 2nd we booked a condo through VACATIONRENTALS.com...again great owners we had conversations with and e-mailed us pictures of the condo we were staying in.

All-in-all, our next trip and every other trip I will only book a condo. IMO, the owners take better care of the rooms that the hotels and I feel do a better job of pleasing their customers.

Hope this help!

P.S. - Our last trip was in July. Our condo was in the Waikiki Banyan which I highly reccomend. As far as the air conditioning goes, our room did have and it worked good. The onyl time we used it was during the day when we were gone. At night we opened all of the windows and let the trade winds keep us cool. If you look at reviews for the Banyan you will find my report.

3. Re: vrbo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 01:18