We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

los angeles
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

I have spent 2 weeks reviewing the posts in this forum and it seems like there are hundreds of things to see and do. We will be in Oahu for 22 days in November and December and we would like to get the most out of our time there. Please let me know the 2 best or most interesting sites, excursions, beaches, SNORKELING, nightclubs, etc. that you consider a must do. I have read all previous posts and have a good idea of what we will do but it is possible that I missed something. By the way, I am 29 and my wife is 38 and we are little wild if that helps.Thanks in advance for all the great suggestions.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,588 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

Walk from Halekulani all the way down Waikiki Beach, stopping for a pina colada at the Moana Surfrider banyan tree bar to watch the scene, then getting on Na Hoku II for a great sunset sail

Drive to North Shore to see the vibes and waves, stopping for shave ice

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

no brainer for me:

Hanauma Bay

PCC

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

USS Arizona Memorial

Polynesian Cultural Center

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

New York
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

Snorkeling at Hanouma Bay...and a cocktail at HVV during sunset....

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

1. Visit the Arizona Memorial

2. Taking a sunset cruise on either the Outrigger or MaiTai catamarans.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

just noticed that you said that you are "wild". Not sure what kind of wild you mean, but...hmmm.

surfing lessons, maybe???

hiking diamond head???

I think Dukes is fun at night.

...not sure, since I always travel with family. For me, "wild" is sneaking out for a beer and a smoke without the kids!

Sydney,NSW
Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

Oh this is hard.

We are similar ages to you, I am 37 and hubby is 30. We have 5 kids though :)

For me I would pick:

Outrigger Catamaran 1 1/2 hour ride (we went on the 11am, saw Dolphins, sea turtles and more), cocktails are great and its just so relaxing and a beautiful view.

Ooooh it's so hard to narrow it down to 2.

Drive to Ko Olina Lagoons and go snorkelling.

You lucky ducks having 22 days. I am so jealous. Our last trip was 16 days and I could have done with an extra week :)

los angeles
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

Thanks so much everyone. All of the things suggested sound like a blast. Dusty, I saw your list about a week ago and we will probably will do alot of things on it. My wife and I (and I am sure everyone else) appreciate the time you took to put it together. Any other suggestions anyone?

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

A little late to the party, here, but here are my faves:

Visit the North Shore... esp. Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay

Climb Diamond Head--absolutely gorgeous view.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: If you could only do 2 things in oahu...Please list

Going to the North Shore is a must, especially in the winter time just to see the mighty waves.

For snorkeling I would also recommend the North Shore - Shark's cove to be exact, don't let the name scare you. I just do not know how it is in the winter time.

Snorkeling Hanauma Bay is great but try to go early before all the people visit. Visibility in the water decreases as the people increase. But we have seen all kind of fish and also sea turtles there.

Do you ride motorcycles? You can rent them I think. I would not want to recommend this and have you guys get in an accident though. Do this only if you are an experienced motorcyclist. I think you can rent Harleys for a price.

You will not find the types of nightclubs you find in places like NY, LA, LV, etc., if you don't expect much then you will not be disappointed. I think the Diamond Head Grill in the W Hotel becomes a nightclub on the weekends, thats supposed to be nice. You should call and confirm with the restaurant when you get here. Check out this web site for nightlife in Hawaii.

www.pubclub.com/hawaii/honolulu/pubclub.htm