We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

south dakota
11 posts
Save Topic
visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

My husband's job (USAF) is sending him to oahu for 2 weeks and I've decided that our son and I are going to tag along and enjoy the break. I'm really trying to still enjoy everything while we are there, but I'm wondering if anyone else has traveled with a toddler and what you thought worked well, what they enjoyed, etc. Any advise at all about what to see, where to eat, making plans, etc would be appreciated! Thanks!

Best Seller
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by...
122 reviews
from US$96.75*
Best Seller
Oahu Grand Circle Island Day Tour...
667 reviews
from US$80.31*
Paradise Cove Luau
956 reviews
from US$97.00*
Best Seller
Pearl Harbor Tour From Honolulu
183 reviews
from US$46.00*
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,645 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

Lots of things to do:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
279 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

I went with a 2 year old and it went smoothly. I loved that Hawaii has the feeling you are in an exotic, foreign place but, since it is the USA, I could go into a drugstore and buy Huggies!!

At 2, he was able to enjoy the beach, the Polynesian Cultural Center, a luau, and even Pearl Harbor (you get to ride a "boat"). There are tons of family restaurants.

We did hike to top of Diamondhead but wound up having to carry our very heavy son...don't recommend with baby!

3. Re: visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2009, 16:16
4. Re: visiting Oahu for 2 weeks with a 1 yr old...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:18