We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha

Looks like bad news for travelers.

http://www.kitv.com/video/15673282/index.html

Hopefully for the employees a deal can be worked out as there was another story connected concerning the purchase of ATA.

Found that out when I checked on the Merrie Monarch Festival.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,546 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha

Quick as you can, name all the US airlines that have NOT been in chapter 11.

Aloha will most likely come out ok, heck they might even be able to merge with Hawaiian now that GO! is on the islands.

Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha

I've heard tha go! needs to go away. I know that Aloha doesn't ahve the best planes for inter-island flights but they have history and go! is trying to break that. At least Aloha pilots don't overshoot there destinations!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha

From what i have been able to pick up Aloha just came out from bankruptcy in 2006 and state that cargo and flights to/from the mainland are profitable.

The interisland business is where they will have to make adjustments and I wouldn't rule out a merger.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha

Maybe Meza Air Group and operators of GO! will purchase Aloha Airlines. Let us wait and see.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
660 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha

Most airlines who file BK continue operations. They will cease passenger service.

We just called the bank/credit card for flight refunds and rebooked our July flights on United. Only $50 more so not too bad.

6. Re: Aloha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:19