We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

The film is Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I’ve been seeing the billboards for this movie everywhere and recently saw the trailer on TV. I immediately recognized my beloved Turtle Bay Resort! The movie is opening on April 18th and I hope to see it soon after.

Apparently (many of you may already know this!) almost the entire movie was filmed at Turtle Bay Resort and the North Shore. Though it isn’t usually the type of movie I am attracted to I am really looking forward to seeing it!

It was interesting to read about the writing and filming of it in Hawaii. www.emanuellevy.com/article.php…

I bet that the Turtle Bay will become a popular destination after this movie comes out especially if it is a hit. They use the real name of the Resort in the film. So I am sure many will seek it out. Better make my September reservations!!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

I thought Turtle Bay was going bankrupt or something? Thought i read it here a couple of months ago. Must be they pulled it out.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

I'll put that one on my "must see" list. I have 2 lists actually. One is for seeing a movie that I have heard about and am anxiously waiting for....certain it will be good.

The other list is most likely because of the filming location....mostly movies filmed somewhere in Hawaii. These I don't really care if the movie is good or bad....just want to drool over the scenery! I might even recognize some spots.

I haven't seen any ads for Sarah Marshll yet, but I will be on the lookout. I also want to see Tropical Thunder, filmed on Kauai.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

Pattie,

Here is a link to the trailer. It seems like a funny film but of course my favorite part in the trailer is where they say "Welcome to Turtle Bay" : ))

http://www.forgettingsarahmarshall.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

I'm excited to see it, solely because of the location.

Turtle Bay has been featured in several TV shows and movies, and the North Shore even more.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

scorchestra, thanks, I just watched the clip. Doesn't look like a bad movie. Of course it helps that it was filmed in Hawaii!

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

Okay, another movie to wait on! It looks pretty funny and you can't beat the scenery! I love just about anything that's filmed in Hawaii.

Thanks for giving the link!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

There isn't anything like seeing the Hawaii on the big screen.

I think I saw Blue Crush 3 times in the theatre.

DVD is brilliant, but it just can't compare to a 30 foot screen.

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

I love the scenery in Blue Crush, but I really loved the movie "50 First Dates". I know it's goofy, but I like Adam Sandler movies.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

I didn't really enjoy 50 First Dates much, I found it quite sad. Loved the locations though.

I just started seeing commercials for Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It looks like it could be quite good. Just in the commercial I've been able to pick out some spots I've been to, so I can't wait for the movie.

I think its one of the movies I'm anticipating the most this year... well that and Indiana Jones!!!

10. Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:17