We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Questions

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Questions

Thanks to the suggestions on this forum I will be renting a car for my trip to Oahu in August.

I have ordered an Entertainment book so I will be using some of their coupons and I am wondering if we are able to stack them or use them with other offers?

I found this site with all sorts of car rental deals: www.neotravel.com/deals/coupons_avis.php

So my question is if I use one of these links that give me 20% off for instance, can I still use the Entertainment coupons as well? (Free Day, Free Upgrade, $25 off) etc...

Thanks

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Questions

I would contact the car rental agency directly to see if you can combine any of the offers.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Questions

Only the car rental company can answer that question ... and keep in mind that their policies may change. Sounds dicey to me.

And, please, do our world a favor and only rent the car for the days you need it. If you are staying on Waikiki -- The Bus will serve you well.

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Questions

I was looking into by the day but it seems to cost close to $100 for 1 day whereas I would be paying $350 for 10 days. Am I looking at this wrong? - because I would rather only have a car for maybe 5 or 6 days but it would be cheaper for me to rent for my entire trip the way I am looking at it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Questions

I would factor in the fee per day (if any) your hotel charges to park the car and if it is still cheaper to rent for 10 days, go with that. You can always leave the car parked in the garage on days you don't need or want to drive it.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Questions

$100 a day? Even Hertz is cheaper than that ...

chicago
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Questions

try priceline, you may get a cheaper deal.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Questions

And if you are booking for just a day or two, make sure that the pick-up point for the car is handy --- not all the way across town.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Questions

You probably can't use two discounts for the same deal.

But you should be able to rent a car for 10 days for about $250.

9. Re: Car Rental Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 02:17