We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

Can we store full size luggage at the luggage storage facility at the USS Arizona memorial?

Mentioned in this post
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,101 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

Not that I'm aware of the only lockers they have are big enough for a womans purse unless they have added something new.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

for as long as I have known, the luggage area are not lockers. Storeage is an area full of shelves that can accomodate large luggage at I believe $2.00 a bag, unless, they raised the bag charge in the last 60 days.

Alabama
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

Excuse me for butting in, but . . .

It sounds as if you plan to go to the Arizona Monument directly from the airport--or to go there on your last day before heading off to the airport.

Sounds like a good idea since Pearl is near the airport--however! you really want to go to the Arizona Monument VERY early in the day (7:30 a.m., or so) to be certain of getting in line for tickets without having to wait hours for your tour.

Idaho
Level Contributor
555 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

We went immediately after arriving in Hawaii, as we flew in around 6 am. We just left our luggage in the car. Just be sure not to open the trunk and let others see you have items in it. There was lots of activity there and I believe they had some security in the parking lot. I felt it was much more safe than at the beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
California
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

I think we'll just leave the luggage in the car if we can't check it. We'll cover it up before we get there. I know that the lot is patrolled, so a little less risk than other parking lots.

Our deal is we are staying overnight in Honolulu, mostly so we can go to Pearl Harbor before our stay in Kauai. We will get to Pearl Harbor around 7:00 a.m., and we have a 3:00 p.m. island hop, wo I think we should be good for time. I don't want to check the luggage at our hotel in Waikiki, because then we would need to double back to Waikiki to pick up the luggage before heading to the airport. So storing the luggage at the memorial would be ideal, but if not, we'll chance it at the lot.....

Thanks for the feedback everybody

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
151 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
6. Re: Pearl Harbor Luggage Storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:17