We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on tour company?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on tour company?

Hi there - I'll be arriving in Oahu at 8 pm on a Saturday from the East Coast and departing at 2 pm on a Monday for Maui.

I'd like to see Pearl Harbor and also get a feel for the North Shore and other sites while we're there.

Do you think we should do the E Noa tour that visits Pearl Harbor and some other places:

Or is it better to do the whole rental car, see your own stuff route.

Advice is appreciated!

Oahu Private Tours
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours
Mahina Hawaii
Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on tour company?

If you don't like driving yourself take the tour. They are a well known company. But, it's Sunday and traffic will be light plus you can stop where ever you like if you rent a car.

I say, if you don't mind driving, I would rent a car.

Be sure to pull up Pearl Harbor Memorial website.

If you rent a car you will be paying for one-24 hour period. So, if you get the car at 8AM on Sunday and return it at 12NOON on Monday you will pay extra. Either by the hour ($$$) or 1/2 day if the car company will let you do that.

hawaiicarrental.com click on Hawaii Specials.

Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on tour company?

nyctraveler300 ... here is what I would do.

Upon arrival, rent a car. Here you will save approx. $50.00 o/w on taxi fare to Waikiki. (Just a note: taxi fares goes up this saturday due to the gas prices)

The next morning after getting coffee and malasadas at Leonard's Bakery, drive the island going counter clock to enjoy the beautiful scenic mountain range and the blue pacific ocean. Spend the day on the North Shore to do exciting things.

On Monday, the day you go to Maui, get up early, go visit the USS Arizona and USS Missouri, then go to the airport to return your rental car and check in to go to Maui. If you are using Hawaiian Airlines, go to the Drive Thru located on the street level on the mountain side of baggage claim. Check your bags in, then, go return your car. Not to many visitors know about this service that is offered by HA.

Check out of your hotel and take your luggage. I will say your luggage is safer in the truck at the Arizona Memorial parking lot, because of roving security. Here is another savings of approx. $75.00. The money saved, pays for your rental car.

Good luck .... Coming your way in August.

"Live Aloha"

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on tour company?

Thanks for your tips! Looks like car is the way to go...

4. Re: Need advice on tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 10:16