We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hawaiian airlines

england
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hawaiian airlines

I have been told that Hawaiian airlines do not take cash on their flights and only accept US credit cards can anyone confirm this. Thanks.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hawaiian airlines

I do know that Hawaiian is a "cashless flight" but, I honestly don't know if they only take US credit & debit cards. If so, would you be able to purchase one of those pre-paid credit cards from where you live?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hawaiian airlines

Yes. It's true. Credit cards and maybe debit cards. The flight attendants have a little machine that they carry with them. It's not the hassle I thought it would be -- and they don't go running around the plane looking for change for a $20.00!

They probably have information on their website.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hawaiian airlines

Sorry -- I don't know if they only take U.S. cards. I doubt it ... but you can call them. If you can't get an answer, PM me and I'll call their Hawaiian Miles (frequent flyer) desk and ask.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hawaiian airlines

Debit and/or credit cards only accepted on HA flights for any type of purchases. No cash purchases. This has been a policy for some time.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,775 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hawaiian airlines

I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine anyone accepting only US credit cards. AFAIK, a credit card is a credit card is a credit card.

Szczecin, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hawaiian airlines

sorry, I tried to book using non Us billing address credit card and it was rejected, they only accept US billing address credit cards (Canada and Australia as well), it's a little strange but what you can do? they're loosing a lot of money but it's their policy.

uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hawaiian airlines

Hawaiian only accept US or Canadaian Credit cards when booking flights on their website, although I used a UK one to buy my ticket at the airport in person. Don't know about on board the plane though.

Essen, Belgium
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hawaiian airlines

booking through their website is not possible for NON US but I booked with my local travel agent ( got same price as website ) and that worked fine for us

england
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hawaiian airlines

Youve been a great help thanks so much

10. Re: hawaiian airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 16:47