We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

michigan
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

I have read countless reviews and am still trying to figure out which one is best. If anyone has visited either or both could you let me know your opinion which would be better for a 13 yr. old. Too bad I'm not rich, she'd love to be a trainer for a day, but $650 is way beyond our budget. Any discount coupons that you know of?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

Please see the thread: Kayaking and Swimming with dolphins that I just bumped up. Very enlightening!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

We took our 10 year old granddaughter to Sea Life park to swim with the dolphins. It really was'nt worth the money. For 100.00 dollars it only lasted about a half hour and the rest of the park was not worth going through. Then they hit you 35.00 more for pictures. Try somewhere else.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Life Park Hawaii
Sea Life Park Hawaii
1,233 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Fairbanks, AK
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

My daughter (13) and son (7) did the Sea Life Park swim with the dolphins last February. I thought it was going to be kinda cheesy, but it turned out to be the highlight of the trip for them. I ended up being impressed with the staff and the encounter. The park is small but it turned into a great family day.

We did the package for about $160, it was not the top package, but the next to the top. There was plenty of petting, touching and time in the tank with the dolphins. They have pictures available, don’t leave the park without them or you will have to drive back and get them. We have them on our hallway wall.

We will be going back to Waikiki next month and will definitely have another encounter with the dolphins there.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Life Park Hawaii
Sea Life Park Hawaii
1,233 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,605 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

Have you read about why anyone who loves dolphins should boycott both of these places?

wspa-international.org/helping/animalfriendl…

wspa-usa.org/pages/272_what_s_wrong_with_swi…

Watch this video narrated by Matt Damon of how dolphins are captured for captive dolphin parks around the world.

http://www.bluevoice.org/webfilms_damon.shtml

Take a look and then see if you still want to be supporting this industry.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

We did what was called "Royal Swim" with the dolphins at Sea Life Park last year. It was very memorable, lots of fun, and yes, we bought the video and pictures as well. We probably won't ever do it again, but for us, it was well worth the money.

Rex

Mentioned in this post
Sea Life Park Hawaii
Sea Life Park Hawaii
1,233 Reviews
Oahu, HI
6. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2009, 22:34
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

Dolphin quest by far. It was a great experience for my 7 yr old.

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Quest
Dolphin Quest
741 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

My daughter and her friend did the Dolphin Duo at Dolphin Quest. I thought they were crazy to spend so much money.

We went with them to Kahala and I have to say I was really impressed. We were encouraged to stay close-by and take our own photos.

Anyone can go and watch for free ($4 for parking) so if you're not sure go and watch first. Its only 20 minutes or so from Waikiki.

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Quest
Dolphin Quest
741 Reviews
Oahu, HI
The Kahala Hotel & Resort
The Kahala Hotel & Resort
3,034 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
9 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

Dolphin Quest is much more worth the $!

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Quest
Dolphin Quest
741 Reviews
Oahu, HI
10. Re: Dolphin Quest vs Sea Life Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2009, 12:43