We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liver and Onions

Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Liver and Onions

Yes, I said liver and onions. Here's the deal, my father in law is, shall we say, set in his ways. He is solely a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Likes fish but not rice. The last time we took him to Hawaii, he struggled finding things he liked to eat. At home, he eats liver and onions each week because that is what is served at the local cattle sales barn.

We would like to find a restaurant that would make him happy at least one time and thought it would be funny as well as very much appreciated to find a place in Honolulu that serves liver and onions. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liver and Onions

I would check the major chain restaurants that have locations on Waikiki: Outback Steak House, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Search on-line for restaurants in Waikiki, and take it from there.

(I love liver and onions - with bacon! Haven't had it for years!)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,833 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liver and Onions

Bob's Big Boy and Denny's used to, not sure if they still do.

And Kenny's Hawaiian Barbeque in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center used to as well.

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liver and Onions

I don't know for sure but maybe the Wailana Coffee House near the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It seems like that sort of dish might be on the menu.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liver and Onions

There's also Anna Miller's at Pearlridge mall. It's near Pearl Harbor so it would be convenient if you go to see the Arizona Memorial.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liver and Onions

Da best is at Like Like Drive Inn at 745 Keeaumoku Street, tel: 808-941-2514.

Located across Wal-Mart, Keeaumoku. Two short blocks, mauka (mountain) of Ala Moana Shopping Center and Nordstrom store.

Liver w/bacon and onions. With two scoop rice and mixed veggie's. Complete meals comes with choice of soup, salad or fruit cup, your liver and onions, choice of jello, pudding, pie and your choice of drink. All under $10.

Enjoy .....

Seattle Area
Level Contributor
371 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liver and Onions

That made my eyes water just thinking about it.

(yes, my eyes... not my mouth)

Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liver and Onions

Like Like Diner it is! Thanks everyone.

8. Re: Liver and Onions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 00:19