We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church on the Beach?

Alabama
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Church on the Beach?

Does anybody know where on Waikiki and what time the Saturday Catholic Mass is held?

Many thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church on the Beach?

there are plenty of churches depending where you stay.

Check with your hotel when you arrive as the the closest... most are some distance from the downtown.its a high rise collection of offices and hotels

There are no church services on the beach as they are state and public and it prohibited. Weddings need to pay for a special permit for a ceremony

california
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Church on the Beach?

There is an awesome church at 130 Ohua Ave across from Wakiki beach. We went to Mass there twice and it was nice. I believe the Mass was at 8am. Just google St Augustine church oahu.

Sunny

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,695 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Church on the Beach?

Having church services on the beach are not prohibited. Really dan, this is not a police state!! I have run into a service(inter-denominational) in front of the Hawaiian Hilton.

There are 3 or 4 different denominations that have church services on the beach in Maui.

Alabama
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Church on the Beach?

Call me crazy, but some one last summer wrote about a great service on the beach on Saturday evenings around sunset...And thanks for the tip about St. Augustine--I had looked up Catholic Churches today, found that one and jotted down all the service times.

I appreciate everyone who took time to reply...maybe the service I am thinking of is only in summer months.

I will walk thru the Royal Hawaiian and give a report upon return... but that won't be until Feb 28th...by then it will nearly be time for the hard grand opening.

I'll also have a full report on dining out with Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance for anyone who is interested.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,396 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Church on the Beach?

yes, I went to a church on the beach in Maui and it was wonderful! First time I have gotten sunburned during a church service. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Church on the Beach?

Hello,

I have Attended Church on the Beach both times I was in Hawaii. The services were held on the beach in front of the Hale Koa and HHV. It was a very nice, the service last about 1 hour.

Spanaway, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Church on the Beach?

I haven't been to Waikiki for over a year but have gone quite often to Catholic Mass on the Beach. This is done during the summer months of June, July and August. The masses are on Saturday at 6:00 PM and are held on the grounds of the Hale Koa. Everyone is welcome. The Hale Koa is located next to the Hawaiian Hilton Village and the mass is held on the grounds of the Hale Koa, next to the beach. Walk down the sidewalk a little towards Waikiki to find the area. Enjoy you stay on Oahu.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Church on the Beach?

The Waikiki Beach Chaplaincy holds weekly service on the beach in front of the HHV. Tel: (808) 923-3137.

9. Re: Church on the Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:17