We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

I'm considering doing a "working vacation" near Camp Smith and am looking for 6-12 month lease that would be within walking distance of both of these locations. It would need to be a minimum of 2 bedrooms and be a safe area for children ages 9 and 6. I think the max I could afford would be $2500/month. Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I wouldn't be taking a job away from a local, which I've noticed is a concern among many posters.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

I'm not familliar with these areas - check out craigslist.

What will the kids do for school? This is a very important question on Oahu.

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

I guess I was hoping to get some feedback on Gus Webling Elementary also. If I had to spring for a private/parochial school I may not be able to swing it.

I could try craigslist, but I'd rather go through a real estate agent if possible.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

Have you looked on greatschools.org? You may be able to find feedback on the school.

We found the public school to be less than what we were accustomed to in CA. (and CA schools are 47th in the nation for classroom spending). We ended up pulling our 1st greader out of public school and sending him to private. We were in one of the best public schools and my sister in law was a teacher there - so they had auntie and all of her friends looking out for us.

I live in a nice neighborhood in Kailua and rent my home out for $5,000. $2,500 isn't much in Hawaii. However, I'm not familliar with that area. I think that you will get the best idea of what to expect through craigslist, then you can start talking to agents.

Good luck!

4. Re: Vacation/Apartment Rental between Gus Webling and Camp Smith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:21