We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ditigal camera memory cards

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ditigal camera memory cards

We are staying at Outrigger Waikiki on the beach, Question is where around this hotel can we transfer memory cards to a disk. I called the ABC stores but they don't have the machine for that.

Does anyone know of somewhere close to the hotel to do this?

Thanks

Suzi 27 days to go

Mentioned in this post
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
Outrigger Waikiki Beach...
5,159 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

There is a camera & processing shop located right next door. It is located on Kalakaua Ave next to the Waikiki Beach Police Station & is part of the shops attached to the Sheraton Moana Surfrider Hotel. Our friends went there and had there photo's transferred onto disc but I cant remember the cost......sorry

Mentioned in this post
Kalakaua Ave
Kalakaua Ave
127 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach
14,076 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Good question...

I never thought of this... it would be nice!

Tigerdirect.com sells some cheap cards after rebate too... if you are looking for more cards.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Depending on the cost of transfer (don't know sorry--never do it) it might be more cost effective to just buy bigger size cards. I have 1 gig compact flash cards I use. It depends on your camera as to how much memory each pic takes. I use a Canon Rebel and the files sizes are pretty large but I can still get several hundred pics on one compact flash. I'd also be worried if I tranferred them to CD/DVD and then the disc getting broken in my luggage. In that case, transferring to thumbdrive is so much better.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Thanks everyone!!!

Didn't want to buy more cards but I just might have to.. If I don't and I get them transfered onto disk you can bet they will be with me on the plane.

Thanks again.

Suzi

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

I had my memory card transferred at the photoshop that Hawaii50 referred to. Also had them develop a roll of film for me that our Parasailing guy had taken of us. Seems like the CD cost me around $10. They did it in less than an hour while we walked up to the IMP.

rockville, md
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

hey..

I heard there is a costco/price club on the island, if you have membership. You can stick your photos on a cd and get it that day, if they aren't too busy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

There is a camera shop in the foyer of Outrigger Waikiki and they transfer photos to a CD. I got it done uesterday. I think it costs about $6 per CD.

Mentioned in this post
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
Outrigger Waikiki Beach...
5,159 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Hi Suziflo, I was in Waikiki in May and took my memory cards which had over 300 photos on them to Cinevie whose office is at 307 Lewers Street.

Not only did they put my pictures onto a DVD but they added Hawaiaan music to it, and also gave me a second CD disc with all the pictures on it so that I could print them off on my computer.

I was very impressed with the finished product.

For further info contact them at www.cinevie.tv

Have a good trip.

John

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
rockville, md
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Thanks johnw1952. That looks so cool! I definitely want to go there when I'm in waikiki.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ditigal camera memory cards

Cookiemomster112, go for it. The company will have your disc ready within an hour.

Have a good holiday.

John.