We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
car rental?

I'm thinking of renting a car for our trip. I know I don't really need one, because of the bus, however if we end up with the car, how is the parking in the Waikiki area? Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental?

expensive at your hotel. I paid 20 or $25 a day at the Sheraton.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental?

You should check with your hotel about parking costs. And perhaps you can rent for part of the trip and not all of it. There are places to rent on Waikiki.

Ne
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental?

$10 per 24 hrs at the Waikiki Banyan and there are afew others around.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental?

Thanks, but I was meaning around town. Like if we wanted to go shopping at the market, or hop over to a resturaunt? Knee is bad, worried a bit about the walks to bus stops. Are the bus stops closer to things than parking would be? Thanks again.....you are all very helpful, and I appricate it!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental?

clearwater51, if you have a handicap placard, bring the card with you to use.

Most hotels with beach side view have valets. No need to look for parking or walk the distance from the parking lot.

Outside of Waikiki, parking is convenient to grocery markets. You have valet parking at most upper class restaurants. Ala Moana Shopping Center and Aloha Tower Marketplace have valet's available.

Do yourself a deed and rent a car while visiting. You will find it very convenient in your case when you don't have to walk some distance. THEBus is great, but, in some instances, finding and walking to the bus stop can be a chore.

Good luck .........

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental?

Thank you sooo much for your honest help!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,332 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental?

On your other topic, you mention staying at Hale Koa.

It is $7/day top park there for registered guests.

Do yourself a huge favor & rent a car for the entire time you are on Oahu.

By the time you pay for shuttles, cabs & buses, you won't save any $$ by not renting a car.

For many of Oahu's attractions by bus, you will lose 1&1/2 - 2 hours for each one.

8. Re: car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 12:19