We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best tour operators for PH and Circle tour

pat's at Punaluu
1 post
Save Topic
best tour operators for PH and Circle tour

Trying to find a tour for Pearl Harbor/Punchbowl and the tour of the Island. We are staying at Pat's on the NE side of Oahu and really would like to not drive all the way in. Suggestions?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best tour operators for PH and Circle tour

You absolutely need a car if you are staying at Pat's in Punaluu.

It is too expensive to take cabs. Buses are infrequent. You would have to take a bus to Waikiki to start and end any tour.

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best tour operators for PH and Circle tour

Aloha Nancy,

you have a few options you might want to think about.

Option One: Dusty is correct other than,

Option Two: I know a few local born drivers with PUC license that will do a tour starting from Pat's Punaluu. With some of the guys beginning the day on that side of the island, you will have no problem getting someone to do a full day tour for you. Don't know how many in your party, but, the average rate will be affordable. If you want more information, PM me.

As a note, one of my friends do a $35 an hour rate, Circle Island Tour within 7 - 8 hours. With four people going, it is cheaper by private PUC car, than to take a tour bus or van costing you around $60.00 a head. A local born driver will stop anywhere you want to, take pictures, shop and of course do the tourist stuff.

Option Three: Drive in on a different day for Pearl Harbor and when done, there are Wonderful Things to See in Honolulu. Start with Bishop Museum, Punchbowl Cemetary, Iolani Palace, Kawahaio Church, King Kamehameha Statue, State Capital and Aloha Tower Marketplace. Stop by Chinatown and get yourself a flower lei. And of course don't forget Waikiki. Spend the rest of the day, have dinner, than drive back to Pat's via Wilson Tunnel and Likelike Hwy.

Good luck .............

3. Re: best tour operators for PH and Circle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:17