We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

I know the camera got turned back toward the beach recently, but yesterday, I suddenly had trouble with the webpage. The time and temp were there but the little screen was black. I downloaded Windows MediaPlayer to see if that would help, but it didn't. When I reload the page, it takes a very long time and doesn't change a thing. I also tried it on another computer and it caused Windows Explorer to shut down. In case anyone would be so kind as to do a check for me, here's the link:

…honolulu.hi.us/cameras/…waikiki.htm

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
920 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

It's working Hummerwatcher, but the camera's facing the street again. (It looks as though some sort of parade is about to take place?)

The little screen is black shows for about 30 seconds on my pc, and then it's okay...

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can give you some advice?

U2fan

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

Have just done a check (Monday 8.20pm Aust Eastern timezone) and the camera if facing Duke again.

I think someone is playing funny buggers with us all !!!!! LOL

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

Hi Hummerwatcher, I'm with you. I can only get a black screen today and I have also tried to download Windows Medai Player. The other traffic cameras work perfect today at 13.30 GMT.

jOHN.

australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

Yes Hummerwatcher, I am having the same problems. I have been trying for about 4 days to correct the problem. i wish I had seen this posting earlier, it would have saved me a lot of headaches. All I get is a black screen, I have contacted customer help and they suggested i contact Windows FAQ's. Dont know what the answer is.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

It seems to be fixed now. I've just been watching it here in Northern Ireland at 18.45 GMT.

jOHN.

australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

HUMMERWATCHER, CAN U VIEW THE CAM YET?

What type of firewall do you have?

I am still unable to view, been trying for a couple of weeks now.

Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

Just got back from our trip today! I can attest that Duke is still there. The camera must be working because a lot of folks had the same idea I did of calling someone on their cell phone so they could see them on the webcam.

I, personally, still can't view the webcam--and the site itself causes trouble with my MS Explorer.

UP
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

I'm running windows media player 6.4 and can open it with any problems it took afew seconds to load. Are you on dial-up? Windows media player can get gitchy maybe your end or the link timing out. Any link that causes my pc to shut down I avoid. I ran a quick test and nothing loaded on my PC. Hope this helps.

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

I was there last week and the webcam was pointing in the correct direction and all... I took a pic of it! ha

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duke's Webcam--Anyone else having trouble?

ok,so I'm looking at the dukes web-cam right now & it's pointed toward the ground with 2 guys rubbing their heads & looking terribly concerned.....any ideas?