We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

Ohio
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

I was wondering if anyone could help me on windward coast or north shore rentals. I am taking my friend for her first trip to Oahu in May and plan on staying 4 nights in Waikiki ( I think all first timers need a taste of Waikiki) then I was thinking about 4 nights in a more quiet area. Pats and Ke Iki are two places I've come upon for rentals. Does anyone have input on which place is a better fit for two girls looking to relax but not feel isolated? Any other ideas would be great too.

PS-Turtle Bay looks a little too expensive. I'm paying for all of the accomodations.

Thanks!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
71 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

I just stayed a Pat's of Punaluu week of sept 17-23. It is beautiful on that side of the Island. It is rainy or cloudy a bit more that waikki beach and the drive to waikki is about 45 min. You have to drive to get to anything that you want to see...so you need a car. I have never stayed at Ke Iki.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

Sherren, my recommendation for two ladies would be to choose Ke Iki Beach Resort (808) 638-8829. As much as Pat's Punaluu is okay, you are isolated and miles from everything else. A senior home across the street and nothing close for miles.

Ke Iki is located on Kamehameha Hwy between Ted's Bakery and closer to Foodland at Pupukea. Just minutes walking to Foodland and approx. 1 mile from Ted's. Sharks Cove across the street.

THEBus operates on Kam Hwy, so transportation is convenient to Haleiwa Town, Turtle Bay REsort (bus terminal) and Polynesian Cultural Center. Get a bus transfer good for approx 2 hours. This transfer is non transferable, but, you may use it to go to and from places.

Ke Iki Beach REsort is cabana style beach cottage/apartments. You have a beach at your disposal and a recreation area to play ball.

For a few days, I would choose Ke Iki. No need to worry about what to do. Alot to do in Pupukea and Ke Iki Resort.

Have fun ..........

Ohio
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

Thank you both for your opinions although you each voted a separate place...:):) I appreciate the help.

Next question, if I went with a private rental, should I stay on the windward coast or north shore? I want much more peace than we will get in Waikiki but I don't want to be isolated. We will however have a car for this portion of the trip.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

Sherren, I am glad that you are renting a car for your stay on either the windward or north shore, because, without a car you will feel lost, unable to get to any place without getting THEBus. Pat's @ Punaluu is alright, but, I know for a fact that you will feel isolated and lost with the feeling of nothing to do in the close vicinity.

Staying at Ke Iki Resort on the North Shore will give you more freedom to go places (Waimea Bay, Turtle Beach, Haleiwa Town, Wailua Town, Dole Plantation, PCC, eat at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and lots more) with less driving.

I know best, but, you must decide for yourself. I have stayed at both places and I had more fun with my wedding friends at Ke Iki.

Good luck ........

5. Re: Pats' @ Punalu'u or Ke Iki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 05:16