We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do I need reservations?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
do I need reservations?

We are leaving this coming week. Would like to know if I need reservations for these places? Some of the places I already have reservations for but want to know about these.

Hour Without a key

The Pineapple room (for lunch)

Tokuri Tei

Suntory

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do I need reservations?

I would bet that House Without a Key doesn't take reservations. It's not really a "dinner house." It's more like a bar/lounge that generally serves pupu - but has thrown in a handful of dinner options as well. The seating - some is outdoors ... some is semi-indoors. It will make more sense when you see it. We've always done well by arriving early-ish. FYI - loved their spaghetti! Strange but true.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
887 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do I need reservations?

House Without a Key does not take reservations-go early.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do I need reservations?

Mahalo!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do I need reservations?

The House Without a Key has two sections, a cocktail lanai and dining in the cabana and by the pool, I would call (808) 923-2311 (Halekulani Dining) and see if you can get reservation if you are looking for dinner there.

i doubt you need them at Suntory (a great choice by the way), but you might call anyway, 808-922-5511

Alan Wong's is www.alanwongs.com/pineroom/pine_room.html

Also consider Mariposa at Nieman Marcus for lunch if you have one more opening.

Tokkuri Tei takes reservation, better safe than sorry (808) 739-2800

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do I need reservations?

Mahalo Scott! Yes we are doing a mix of tourist and non tourist restaurants and had to leave some places off we wanted to try for lack of time. Thanks for the rec maybe next time! I will call them all! Mahalo again!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do I need reservations?

The House Without a Key is the only place that will not take reservations.

If you are doing the Pineapple Room at Macy's at the Ala Moana Shopping Center, I highly recommend that you do make reservations. If you are shopping and then decide to go eat at the Pineapple Room, then, they will take walk-ins. There is a waiting area and the wait is not long. Lunch time is the worst.

Tokurei Tei and Suntory is a busy place. Reservations is a must.

Tokurei Tei located on Kapahulu Avenue is small and depending on where and what you are going to eat, (teppanyaki, sushi bar or regular dining), Suntory is busy. Ate at Suntory not too long ago after taking in the "Heartbeat Hawaii" Show at the Royal Hawaiian Theatre at the Royal Hawaiian Center, Suntory was very convenient to go to. At 9 pm, we had good eating at the sushi bar in the back.

Hope this helps ..........

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do I need reservations?

Yes I knew already we needed reservations for Alana Wong's and got them already! We just made reservations last night for the others Mahalo!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: do I need reservations?

For anyone who is interested HWAK says they do not take reservations for dinner but we did need to make reservations for Orchids for breakfast.. Mahalo

9. Re: do I need reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 05:18