We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

trying to find out if this is a reliable tour company and if anyone has taken the one to hanauma bay

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

I don't know anything about the tour company but I am not sure why you would need a tour to Hanauma Bay. You can get there by bus for $2.50 and then everything is pretty easy from there.

Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

It is posted for $10.50, hotel pickup and includes snorkle gear. That would be cheaper than the bus and rental at the bay plus direct pickup and drop off

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

Here is the only mention of them when I did a search here on TA.

tripadvisor.com/…18950570

(somebody PM me and tell me how to make these links clickable please)

It's not clickable, but you can copy and past into your browser to read another thread asking the same information. It seems they are reliable from first hand accounts. The price sounds too cheap to me. We usually book for groups and get a group rate of about $14 including gear rentals, entrance to the park, and bus.

I'd go first thing in the morning before it gets too crowded. There are very few consessions available so you might want to take your own lunch, water,, sunscreen, beach towels (I'd also take some $1 beach mats you can buy at the ABC stores), camera, hat, sunglasses, cover up or shirt. You may rent a small locker to put your valuables in while snorkeling. In addition, we walk down for free, but ride up on the trolley for around $2 each. WORTH IT after a full day of snorkeling and chasing after high school students : o

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,324 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

I would take TheBus and come and go as I please. Arrive early in the morning. TheBus is very easy!

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

hmmmmmm....it made my link clickable when I clicked on submit, but not on my reply. Okie dokie.....I guess I know how to do clickable links : )

San Francisco
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

BTW, has anyone finally used Fun Hawaii Travel? We will go with our baby and will carry lots of baby stuff, so tour bus is better for us. We don't want to stand all the way for 40 minutes on the crowded bus. Any information is appreciated.

7. Re: fun hawaii travel hanauma bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:16