We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

My wife and I are having a vacation for three weeks in September and I have heard that there is an Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian on Monday nights.

As we will be celebrating our anniversary during our vacation, I was thinking of taking my wife to it.

Has any T.A. members been to it and if so, was it good value for money and would you recommend it?

Thanks in anticipation.

John.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

I don't know how good of a value it will be but I'll be able to provide details here for you after May 10. That's when I will be going to it.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Have a good trip.

Regards.

John.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

Here is a recent review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

Personally, I would not pay $150 for any luau. But if price is not an issue, It's a good luau.

Kansas
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

We did the RH dinner show a couple years ago right before they closed the hotel for several months for the remodel. We loved it. We are going again during our stay at the RH in July. Be advised it is not a luau per se. No actual pig in the pit roasting , etc. There is a Hawaiian dance, culture show after dinner of course which was lovely. But here's why we are going a second time:

1. The food and drink. Everything was delicious. By far superior to any of the other luaus on Oahu. And we have been to all the others on Oahu over the years. Check out the menu on line at the RH website. A step above.

2. The setting on the RH lawn is wonderful. The RH grounds are maticulously maintained. And unobstructed view of sunset, Diamond Head, the beach . . . ahhhhh!

3. Service. It is a buffet, but wait staff visit tables frequently to replenish drinks or anything else you want.

Now yes, you pay more for the above. If you are a guest at the RH you get a small discount. You can make your reservations for the Aha Aina on line also at the RH website.

As I said we are going again in July, so hope the newly named Aha Aina: A Royal Celebration is just as good as we experienced before. We shall see. . .

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

We use to go to the Royal Hawaiian Luau every trip before the remodel, but it was a lot cheaper than. We liked the fact it was in waikiki so did not take up as much as the day. Much less of the cattle car feel to it, you eat on real plates, better service and better food. I like the show because they pretty much go straight to the dancers which is all I want to see anyways, they don't have the Ceremony type stuff,, I would recommend it for sure for a honeymoon or anniversary trip, if it is just a family trip I would probably just do Paradise Cove at the current prices.. It is a beautiful setting.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

I wrote the review that dusty posted above. There are pictures from the dinner and videos from the entertainment in the review

One correction to Kansasman is it is not a buffet...at least not anymore. They gave us individual plates except for the dessert which was more family style

I thought it was great although it is a little more expensive. Few reasons why I liked it:

- It is nice that you don't need to get on a bus to go 30-40 mins which too me helped make up the difference.

- It was almost all couples and just a couple families which would be nice for an anniversary.

- Food was very good, a little more on the upscale side

- Top shelf open bar - great Mai Tais

- Great entertainment

- Great service

7. Re: Aha Aina at the Royal Hawaiian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:16