We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu Itinerary May 17th- 22nd

london
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Topic
Oahu Itinerary May 17th- 22nd

Ok getting there with my Oahu Itinerary, can anyone help with questions below?

Mon – arrive around 4pm – check in Courtyard at Marriot

Go for dinner – any ideas where? I have not really thought about what to do in evenings yet?

Tues – Pick up Car rental at around 9am

Kualoa Ranch – here we want to do the Movie Tour and I want to do the 1 hour horseride and hubby wants to do 1 hour ATV, shall we pre book this? What else is there to do there – can we spend whole day? Or is there anywhere else close by to visit?

Wed – Leave just after 9 ( will this help us beat rush hour?) and drive to PCC – via north shore – stopping on way – any ideas good place to stop?

Get to PCC around 12ish for general admission tickets – shall i prebook these or can we get on day

We are not doing the show or luau as doing luau in maui week before and not keen on driving home in dark

Thursday – Pearl Harbour – aim to leave around 6.30am to get there for 7.30/8ish as heard less queue early

In afternoon take car back and just explore Waikiki beach

Friday – Honolulu Zoo and just explore Waikiki – any ideas what to do in that area?

Sat – Leaving

Thanks for any help you can give

Claire

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu Itinerary May 17th- 22nd

I can help with a couple things...

For dinner: check out Roy's, Duke's, Hula Grill. Tons of options in the area

Kualoa Ranch - The couple hours is all you need. We did the 2 hr ATV tour which was good but not the best thing I have ever done. The ranch is quite breathtaking though so that makes it worth it. If it is something you really want to do I always recommend reserving in advance to avoid any disappointments

A lot of places to stop on the North Shore. We went to Dole Plantation, to the town of Haleiwa for shaved ice, to the beaches along the North Shore (Turtle Beach, Waimea Bay, Banzai Pipeline, Sunset Beach), one of the shrimp trucks for lunch. There are some driving tours out there like this one:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29222-c124540/Oahu:H…

You'll, however, will want to go backwards though if you want to end at the PCC. You may find yourself pressed for time if you stop at too many places but you will have no trouble finding places to stop.

Tons of stuff to do in Waikiki/Waikiki area. There are tons of shops, but check out the International Marketplace. You could hike Diamondhead, it is a short bus ride away.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu Itinerary May 17th- 22nd

<<Go for dinner – any ideas where? I have not really thought about what to do in evenings yet?>> Walk down to the beach. Make dinner reservations ahead of time at Hula Grill. Ask for a table on the rail. No earlier than 7:00 pm, as it will take you time to gather your luggage and get a cab to the hotel, etc. Duke's will be too noisy. You may want to walk to Halekulani and have a light meal at House Without a Key. Great views, open air, live music and hula. You will be tired.

<< Pick up Car rental at around 9am>> Make sure that they open that early.

<<<Kualoa Ranch – here we want to do the Movie Tour and I want to do the 1 hour horseride and hubby wants to do 1 hour ATV, shall we pre book this?>> Absolutely!

<<What else is there to do there – can we spend whole day? Or is there anywhere else close by to visit?> Sure, go back to Oahu via the North Shore!

<<Leave just after 9 ( will this help us beat rush hour?) and drive to PCC ... drive in dark...>>> Yes, it is a long day and an hour's drive each way -- SO opt for a package that has pick up and drop off service at your hotel! Stay for the show at night -- it's the best! Relax. Return your car and enjoy your morning at the beach!

<< Pearl Harbour – aim to leave around 6.30am to get there for 7.30/8ish as heard less queue early.>> Again, sounds good.

<<Honolulu Zoo and just explore Waikiki>> Skip the Zoo ... nothing special. Make reservations to tour Iolani Palace.

Thanks for any help you can give

Claire

3. Re: Oahu Itinerary May 17th- 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 06:18