We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
24 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

Hello! My husband and I will be in Waikiki for 2 nights next week before leaving on a cruise. We are staying at the Hilton Hawiian Village.

I’ve planned most of our 17 day long trip down to the details. However, these 2 days in Waikiki are pretty much wide open. It’s Wed & Thurs nights. The only thing I have planned in advance is snorkeling at Hanauma Bay on Thursday morning. Because I’m a compulsive planner, it bothers me that I don’t know where to eat while I’m there.

Looking for suggestions on fun places to drink & dine? Fun, casual, unpretentious, not terribly expensive, good food, good drinks, good atmosphere? Some place where maybe we could hang out and have a few drinks at the bar after dinner? We are 26 & 27 years old if that helps any. We don’t really want to be in a place with a ton of families with kids, but don’t want to feel like the oldest people around either (bars with mostly 21-23 yr olds). Any suggestions?

California
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

We like the same kind of atmosphere at night, although we do partake in a few fine dining nights during our stay. We like to beach bar hop. Somthing like this: We start at the Moana Surfrider or Duke's next door depending on the crowd (about the middle of Waikiki Beach) and then move on to the Mai Tai bar at the Royal Hawaiian, Then Rumfire at the Sheraton, maybe the Shorebird next at the Outrigger Reef (this place is much better for $3 mai tai happy hour Noon-5). Then you can walk on the path back to HHV.

If that isn't your cup of tea, there are many, many restaurant bars and regular bars to choose from. We just prefer to stay out of the restaurant chains that we can find at home and really like walking along the beach at night. It's very well lit from all of the hotels and there are still lots of people out.

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
151 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

We stayed at HHV a few years back and ate there the entire trip (mostly due to work). the food was good but quiter spendy.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

Dukes is the number one choice, make a reservation a week in advance and request an outside table. Other fun places, Yardhouse is huge with the 20s, Jimmy Buffets is fun, for sure I would do a sunset sail, after hours the Shack is good. I would not eat at the Hilton

leahi.com

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

Hit the Shorebird at the Outrigger Reef around 4pm, sit at the bar on the backside so you can look out towards the ocean. They change shifts around 4:30 pm or so, Watch for an open table at the windows, then have some more Mai tai's. When you get ready go to the front of the place, put your name down for dinner, you'll get a beeper. Specify you want rail seating. When the beeper goes off, you'll have one of the best views of Waikiki there is when the sun goes down

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
24 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone!!! I'm going to take the places you guys suggested and do a little research! THANKS!!!

6. Re: 2 nights in Waikiki -- where to eat & drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 08:25