We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Looking to book an inter-island flight for 4 of us over Christmas from Kona to Honolulu.

Go's actual departure time and price are better than Hawaiian for our particular date, I just would like some feedback on their reliability and overall expereince. Our plane would be a regional jet.

We were in Hawaii last summer and did a bit of inter-island flying and always flew Hawaiian airlines which we were very pleased with. If Go is pretty much on par with Hawaiian now for the most part I would book this flight with them for the reasons I mentioned above.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

I wouldn't fly on Go if you paid me, but not due to service, more due to political reasons.

LA
Level Contributor
10,062 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Do you prefer your pilots awake ( Hawaiian) or asleep ( Go)?

I also, will not fly Go because of what they did to my beloved Aloha Airlines.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 19:54
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Ditto to the other comments.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Not a fan of Go's business practices, but Aloha did themselves in. They were VERY poorly run.

PareoB's comments refer to an incident where Go's pilots fell asleep and were headed out to sea....true story. They woke up about 15 minutes before they hit the "too late to turn around point".

Being born and raised in Hawai'i, I would personally pay the extra to support my beloved Hawaiian. You, being from Canada, probably don't have the same passion...and nobody will blame you.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Aloha!

NO question...HAWAIIAN all the way.

Even though Aloha may have been poorly run, it is hardly a "fair" business practice to offer $1 and $9 fares like they did and then wait for Aloha to fold. I will never support them. You might want to see if Island Air operates that route.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

GO! is no way on par with Hawaiian ... Stick with Hawaiian Airlines.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

Hands down Hawaiian...for being first in Safety, Comfort and On-time Performance,

Livermore...
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

If price and schedule were not an option I'd choose Hawaiian every time. They do a good job, fly well-suited planes for the routes and have a sterling safety record.

If you'd like an aerial tour of the islands and do not mind a stop in Maui you can fly Island Air, Pacific Wings or Mokulele.

9. Re: Go vs Hawaiin Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 08:49