We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

Lincoln, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

My Partner and I are looking to get Married in Hawaii, we have spoken to Virgin who do and all inclusive Wedding/Hotel/Flights package but its going to cost just over £5k and thats not including spending money, car hire, excussions ect...

We have found a really good deal on Travel Republic website for a 4* hotel + flights for just under £3k which is amazing! But we will have to find a wedding planner locally to do the wedding, now there are so many out there its hard to choose who to go for as this really is a once in a life time oppotunity for us and want it to go as smoothly as possible and not be done over by some scam artist :-(

Can anyone recommend a planner or any couples from the UK who have booked a planner locally on the Island?

Many thanks

Andy

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

Hi, I noticed in one of the postings after yours that someone was looking for a romantic beach for their wedding photos.

Try this website for information.

visit-oahu.com/sec/niche/romance/default.aspx

What time of the year are you planning to get married?

My wife and I are returning to Oahu in September, and we got a good deal on airfares with United Airline flying from Heathrow.

Best wishes for your big day.

John.

Lincoln, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

Looking to get married in April-ish time, We have been on Travel republic website and got a good deal on a 4* hotel and flights for just under £2,900.

Ive seen a few hotels that do weddings on the beach, but they want you to stay at there hotel and the prices are abit out of our price range.

Ill take a look at the site you have sent me john and post off a few emails, really looking forward to booking it all and the big day :-)

Many thanks,

Andy

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

Well I can't really help with the wedding thing. Our first trip to HI was for our 15th anniversary... A little late! Haha. But maybe you could try calling or emailing a couple of the local travel agents located on the island. They would probably have people they recommend that are reputable.

I wish for you that your day be beautiful & full of love and aloha!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

Not from the UK, but we used http://www.wedhawaii.com/ and were very happy with everything.

Like most of the other planners around Oahu, they have different packages to choose from, depending on how elaborate you want the event, if you have guests, etc. We chose the Monarch Elite, which at the time was their highest priced (they have since added another package with more options) and we also added a chair set up for our guests. It's a family run business. Our ceremony was done by Pastor Karen, and her sons do the photos/video (which turned out GREAT!)

Again, not sure if it's what you want, but they definitely aren't scammers and I'm sure you'd be very pleased with what they offer.

5. Re: Getting Married in Oahu - Coming from the UK - Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 06:30