We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

We are planning a visit in January 2011,using our miles my nieces (17 and 18) arrive 5 hours before we do,I am wondering whether to use a car service or taxi and what the cost might be to transport them from the airport to the Turtle Bay resort,thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

A cab would co$t you serious money. You may want to contact Turtle Bay directly and ask them about a shuttle. Also ask them if they will let your nieces in the room without you there. I would not assume that they will.

I think the kids can hang out at the airport and wait for you! It's a large airport with some things to keep them occupied ... like eating and shopping.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

We used Hawaii23 & it cost us $88 plus tip.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,322 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

"A cab would co$t you serious money. You may want to contact Turtle Bay directly and ask them about a shuttle. Also ask them if they will let your nieces in the room without you there. I would not assume that they will.

I think the kids can hang out at the airport and wait for you! It's a large airport with some things to keep them occupied ... like eating and shopping."

I agree with BLBL.

A 17 & 18 year old will probably not be able to check into the hotel.

They can stay at the airport & pass time.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

Actually, I believe they could check in if you follow the right procedure. I had my son (19) check into a Sheraton for me recently. I had to call the hotel to put it in the record that he would be checking in (even got the manager on the phone to confirm). I gave him my credit card and he had no problem. Every hotel is different. Just call and check.

I think they would much rather hang out on the property than the airport; however, you're still left with the transportation/cost issue.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,342 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

Even if they can't check in (which they probably could, if as Kailua said, you make sure the hotel knows in advance) I am sure Turtle Bay could still provide them a room to change in so they can hang on the beach or pool until you get there.

I keep hearing good things about Hawaii23 Transportation. It looks to be a one man operation, or a couple.

http://www.hawaii23.com/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

<<I am sure Turtle Bay could still provide them a room to change in so they can hang on the beach or pool until you get there.>> Really, you're sure, Scott? Sorry, but I wonder if liability issues would come into play. If I were going to send kids ahead, I would make sure that they had access to some kind of room. Otherwise, they will sit in lobby or at the restaurant/bar for 5 hours. That's not awful, really. It depends on what you want - and what their parents would be comfortable with.

Hawaii23 has been soliciting good reviews from their customers. Whether they are all that great remains to be seen.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,342 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

>>>Really, you're sure, Scott? Sorry, but I wonder if liability issues would come into play. If I were going to send kids ahead, I would make sure that they had access to some kind of room. Otherwise, they will sit in lobby or at the restaurant/bar for 5 hours<<<

One of the two is a "kid", one is a legal adult.

I would think they are safer by the pool or on the beach than they are at the Honolulu Airport.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

While "age" is not a protected class in Hawaii public accommodation laws...

Your 18 year old is an adult and every hotel I can think of on Oahu would let him check-in if he has a credit card and a reservation. But of course, call ahead if you are concerned.

I think it would be expensive to pay for them to get to TB a few hours ahead of everyone else.

If they only have carry-ons, tell them to catch a bus into Downtown. $2.50 each way and about 25 minutes. They can cruise Chinatown and the Capitol District.

9. Re: Airport to Turtle Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 05:27